how to properly use borneo wild shield

hi there,

finally got all my shrimp stuff all together and did a full tank reset...

ph. 7.8 to 8.1

TDS 180 to 250

gh 6-7

Ammonia 0

nitrite 0

Nitrate 30ppm

I remineralized my tank with mosura mineral plus, hence im sure that all the stuff i have a made for shrimp... did a 15% water change and fed my shrimps (about 70 plus ) fire reds with 1 shirakura ebi dama wafer daily... and 1/3 a scoop of borneo wild shield and 1/4 measuring spoon of mosura gravidas...

now i saw 2 dead shrimp... would i be over dosing? does any one know how much to dose for a 15 gal tank... as per the instructions(for borneo wild shield)  it says 1 scoop for 200 liters. so i just adjusted it. to 1/3 a scoop...

can anyone show me how to properly use these products without killing my shrimps with love...

thanks

BORNEO WILD DOSING

Dance = 4 drops per 8 gallons = 1 drop for 2g

Shield = Directions: Dose 1 spoon / 200Liters or  ¼ smidgen spoon for 5g  

Smidgen 1/32 tsp

of water after weekly change to maintain quality. Use twice / weekly when you have poor water quality, high bio-load or unknown death of shrimps. Shrimps will appear in a slight feeding frenzy digging around for the undissolved particles of Shield. You can observe that shrimps become much more active and have better appetite

Minerock = 50g in a 10g

25g per 5g

12.5g per 2,5g

Borneo Bee Balls = 1 ball per 1 gallon of water. You may use 1bottle for a 60Liter (15 gallon)

hi there,

finally got all my shrimp stuff all together and did a full tank reset...

ph. 7.8 to 8.1

TDS 180 to 250

gh 6-7

Ammonia 0

nitrite 0

Nitrate 30ppm

I remineralized my tank with mosura mineral plus, hence im sure that all the stuff i have a made for shrimp... did a 15% water change and fed my shrimps (about 70 plus ) fire reds with 1 shirakura ebi dama wafer daily... and 1/3 a scoop of borneo wild shield and 1/4 measuring spoon of mosura gravidas...

now i saw 2 dead shrimp... would i be over dosing? does any one know how much to dose for a 15 gal tank... as per the instructions(for borneo wild shield)  it says 1 scoop for 200 liters. so i just adjusted it. to 1/3 a scoop...

can anyone show me how to properly use these products without killing my shrimps with love...

thanks

I know there is something in shield that may cause potential harm in shrimp.

I've used it a few times. Sometimes nothing happens, but other times, literally instant damage. I've seen my shrimp look like as if it was being attacked when I dosed shield then died shortly after.

if it causing problem, why not just don’t use it? I used spending money on many unnecessary shrimp products, but at the same time its damaging my shrimps and a lot of dread. Just keep it simple and they will be fine. Use ro water with remineralizer and proper substrate and you will fine.

Im going shrimp. Im currently using mosura mineral plus. And this stuff is great. Will be posting some pics soon. Looks like the molting issue seemed to have been addressed. Managed to remineralize my water to a tds of 160 while giving me a gh reading of 6 to 7

I think some of the current deaths might be attributed to borneo wild and gravidas overdose... im just letting my water sit as is and jusg topping up with some pure ro as the vapor loss is pretty high as i got a'fan running 24/7 on top of it. Will do another partial water change in a'couple of days

What??  Shield is not good?????  I just ordered some from Han to help shield my shrimp for the up and down summer weather.   

I've never had any issues dosing Shield. I use a drop spoon (1/2 smidgen) for 10G medium stocked. I think Beta-glucan really does boost shrimp immune response. Random deaths and bacterial infections have definitely decreased since I started using it.

I have used Shield. I shouldn't expect it to be a miracle worker or anything like that but I don't know if I saw any benefit to it. It's hard to say.

I also don't know how if it's any more beneficial than other betaglucan products.

i will try to give shield another try... will wait a few days for my scheduled water change and redose shield again this time using the smidgen spoon as a basis... another factor i could possibly consider might be overcrowding, as i got about 60-70 adults in my 15 gal... im just waiting for my 50 gal breeder to be set up with a partition in the middle as i would be using it for a fire red and orange or red rili breeding tank :)

im going shrimp here is a sample pic of my tank: pardon the brown stuff on the glass i didnt want to scrape off the biofilm:)

Those are some nice looking red shrimp.[emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Mayphly... now to figure out the right water chemistry for them to breed like wild fire... have had a few deaths :) have a few shrimplets sprout out and im looking to bigger and brighter things to come... with this hobby... you learn from every experience whether it be a bloom of berried shrimp or a colony wipe out hehehehe... :)

I alternate between Borneo Wild Shield and Glas-Garten Beta-Glucans. I dose once a week. 

would like to ask guys... another angle why im having problems with my shrimp tank is that they might have been molting too fast... i mean their molting frequency went into hyperdrive, which could possibly cause them to stress out and croak.... how often do you guys feed your shrimp? i feed mine daily with one shirakura wafer... i dont have issues with nitrates since i have purigen in my tanks... reduced feeding frequency help slow down the molting overdrive?

also what shrimp food do you guys recommend... ?