Wine Red/Red Panda water requirement

I bought some PRL and Red Panda from a breeder about 3 weeks ago.

I keep them in the same tank (40 gallon) with a divider in the middle.

It is an old tank set up about 1.5 years ago which I used to raise regular CRS before these new strimps arrived.

Here are the parameters:

PH 6.2-6.4, GH 3-4, KH 0, Temp 24c. I am using a big sponge filter and a Aquaclear 30 filer in each section.

Substrate is 2 inches ADA Amazonia. There are moss and lot of bioflims grow on the sponge and on the glass. I also have almond leaves in it too.

The CRS used to live in the tank did well, however these new inhabitants do not seem like their new home. The PRL look ok but not in top conditions. They are not very active and do not eat any commerical foods. They only pick on the declaying almond leaves and sometimes on snowflake foods. There is no death so far.......

The bigger problem is on the Red Panda. They did the same as the PRL, inactive, do not eat commerical food and only occassionaly pick on almond leaves. However, the population is strinking. I bought 20 and am down to 10. I do not see any dead bodies. I assume they die and melt away.......

My question is if Red Panda requires different water than CRS/PRL????

I hope to obtain some experts' advice....

Thanks in advance.

Did you test ammonia and Nits?

Also, how do you do water changes?

Did not check Nitrate.

Ammonia is 0

TDS is around 120

Water change is 5 gallon a week (12.5%)

I re-mineralize RO with SS GH+ to GH 3-4. However, I do not drip new water to the tank. I use a 250ml scoop to scoop the new water in the tank. Ususally complete within 2 mins.

My CRS did well in the tank......

How long has it been since your CRS were in the tank and doing well? What are you using to test your pH? It seems that PRL like more acidic water than TB but I have found that adult TB did fine in my tank up to pH 6.8 but babies did not survive.

Wait...you are using a sponge.and aquaclear 30.  Were they seeded first?

Both the sponge and aquaclear were part of the original set up 1.5 years ago.

I squeeze the sponge with the tank water once every couple months during water change. I also have a sponge prefilter for the aquaclear which I squeeze it during water change as well. However, I have not clean the filter material inside the aquaclear for about 6-7 months now.

How long has it been since your CRS were in the tank and doing well? What are you using to test your pH? It seems that PRL like more acidic water than TB but I have found that adult TB did fine in my tank up to pH 6.8 but babies did not survive.

I use both API and Hagen test kits. They gave me slightly different results. I was told Hagen is more reliable so I took Hagen's readings.

I have CRS in the tank for more than a year before I moved them out. They did fine. I think the babies survival rate was around 50% (I am just guessing as I did not do the actual count and I did not see the population explode).

I checked the water when the shipment arrived. PH was below 6 and GH was 3.