Chloramine from RO water

If a RO/DI unit is functioning properly, should it eliminate chloramine?

Is there any aquarium test kits can detect chloramine?

I suspect the RO water comes out from my RO unit is not chloramine free but I do not know how to check it out.....

Appreciate your advise in advance!

A properly functioning RO/DI unit should remove everything including chloramine. There are test kits, you can find them on Amazon.

Thank you!

The TDS of the RO water is 6 so I am not sure what composite the 6 TDS.

I am afraid they are harmful material which caused the problem.

Any idea what brand of the test kits would detect Chloramine?

I use RO water from the WalMart Primo water machine TDS ranges from 4-12 but usually is 4 or 5 and there is no issue using it. I keep many sensitive shrimp with no issues. Some companies that make them are First Alert and Culligan for drinking water and then Hanna makes more labratory grade tests.

I use RO water from the WalMart Primo water machine TDS ranges from 4-12 but usually is 4 or 5 and there is no issue using it. I keep many sensitive shrimp with no issues. Some companies that make them are First Alert and Culligan for drinking water and then Hanna makes more labratory grade tests.

Thank you!

Do you re-mineralize teh RO wate you buy from Walmart with SS GH+?

Do you add anything else to your tank as supplements at all???

I used to use SS gH+ and have switched to Shrimpy Daddy Revive Alpha and Beta. I use the entire Shrimpy Daddy product line, so I add quite a few additonal products Vita, Colore, Minerals, Vivace and Sinewy Cereal S. I would not say these are "required" for keeping Caridina. His system is not for the average hobbyist since it can appear complex and incorrect dosing can casue some issues.