alder cones and ial to lower ph.

Which is more effective in lowering ph.? My water is weird even if i use ro water remineralized with mosura gh plus my water ph after a few days would change back up to 8.0 and stay that way.

My water ph is 7.0 straight from the ro water container mixed in with mosura mineral plus the ph is still 7.0.. after a few days having the remineralized ro water running under an air stone the ph went up to 8.0...

I dont really want to use chemical buffers as it might mess up my water chemistry sp i thought of indian almond leaves. currently have two leaves in one tank and the ph still is at 8.0. Should i add some more? Im afraid that i might mess things up again with my water chemistry.

Would alder cones be a better option?

Thanks

I don't know how big your tank is, but I have a 20 L.    I have a couple IAL and a few alder cones and see no effect on the ph.    I think you would need a lot of either to bring it down from 8.    Have you considered aquarium Peat?   It can go right in your HOB or canister filter if you have  either.    I have read that it is pretty effective. .  I am fiddling with it now trying to find the right amount  in my HOB.

Initially i got a 10 gal and a 15 gal now with no effect. Peat... i have heard would reduce it but also softens the water which could also affect gh... i actually got seachem acid buffers. But lesson learned i dont want to add anything that might wnd up causing more harm than good. Reason i ask is could it also possibly affect shrimp survival? I mean my shrimp breed and berry ok in high ph but survival might be affected by high ph especially for neos?

I get it from a'commercial water purifying station that sells bottled water.... well water sources here in the phils are mostly from well water sources hence a lot of minerals and a high ph. It was explained to me that whatever the original nature of the water is it will revert to that despite it being ro water... as what i mentioned earlier water from the ro unit is 7 after rynning an airstone for a few days the ph went to 8

my tank is well cycled... didnt have any ammonia spikes... will try lowering my KH... i have seachem acid buffers... will that work? it says its supposed to soften the water... as it would eat up the carbonates in the tank... but how safe will seachem acid buffers be for shrimp tanks and would it keep it stable?