Quick question, sorry a noob here

Is RO water the same as distilled? I found and just used distilled and was wondering.

If different, what's different about them?

What stores sell RO water? Meijer (large store chain in northeast) if were I looked along with a couple of other grocery stores.

Thank you,

Chris

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Do you have a wal mart? Distilled is about the same thing, some people don't say so but I've used it to. Its still pure, on the water machine there,will be a tag that tells you how it's filtered. Always check some are not RO. Wal Mart is the only one I found to use the same machine.

-Chris

Short answer. They are very similar and can be used interchangeably for our shrimping purposes. Distilled and deionized will probably have a tds of 0, whereas ro will generally have a tds of less than 15+/-. The three types of purified water use different methods to achieve similar results..... Pure water.... Or close to it. As a basic explanation that you were curious about. Distilled... Generally achieved through boiling water and the pure water is the water that is evaporate and condensed. RO... Water molecules are pushed through a membrane with tiny holes that only allows h2o molecules through. Deionized... Uses ion exchange resin to "grab" every thing that isn't a h2o molecule... Leaving only h2o.

Hope that helps a little.

Thank you,

Chris

there is a Walmart, just kind out of the way and a crossed town but might be worth it since meijers machine is "drinking water" but 5 gallons was only $3 or so for pre-bottled distilled.

Aqua,

Thank you that does help. I was more or less wondering if I could just use distilled an re-minerialize it for my tank of if that was really second best to ro. Sounds about the same do looks like my big tank change was worthless and I didn't retransplant/acclimate my single shrimp and Otto for no reason. So that's good news, I finally should have my parameters perfect.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk