Bio Digest

This is some extreme stuff!

One of my tanks was never able to start the nitrogen cycle. My ammonia always remained at 0.5 ppm - 1ppm with Purigen.

I tried Stability(dosed as instructed), Tetra Safestart(Poured 250mL), BT-9(Dosed for 2 weeks), Revive Vita(Dosed for 1 month) and none of them has worked.

My pH is at 4.9-5.0 so that may be the cause.

I added one vial of Bio Digest and within a week, my ammonia is finally at 0!

The tank was almost half year old.

I was very hesitant to try another product but it was worth it!

I always use Bio Digest when cycling a new shrimps tank and it speeds up the cycle very fast...1 week for regular soil (Brightwell Volcanic, Fluval Stratum)

For ADA Soil, I also use the Stop Ammonia vials together with Bio Digest since the soil release lot of ammonia.

Bio Digest is a good source of bacteria for any tank and also remove nitrate/nitrite, I use one every month now

0574BFFA-3448-40BC-8549-BD8B6318758D_zps

How often do you guys recommend?  Often companies say things to use products up faster. ;)

I would say monthly or whenever you need bacteria.

This company states instead of using more of the product in one go, use it more often.

Pretty good for the price.

About $1.30 per vial.

A lot of the LFS I've been to have had these in their shrimp tanks. At first, I though they were little beer bottle decorations they had in their shrimp tanks for some reason.

So the reason to use these in established tanks would be to remove nitrite/nitrate?