Remineralize RO for neos & tigers

After searching, I see alot of discussions on remineralizing ro for crs and tb shrimp but what about neos and tigers? I think i have given up dealing with tap water in one of my tanks that just wont behave with low gh so i think i am ready to just start with ro and reminerlize it from there. My lfs sells rodi water for $1 for a 5 gallon bucket. I usually buy it every few weeks for top offs but will just buy extra for water changes now.

Salty shrimp seems like what most folks suggest but should i go with gh/kh+ or just the gh+ product? The tank will house neos and red tigers. I am assuming the gh/kh+ but wanted to make sure before buying it. Does anyone else use it with success for a tiger and neo mixed tank? Thank you for any suggestions or prior experiences.

I do gh+ for my neos.  I tried the gh/kh but my neo breeding not only went down, but stopped.

So this is quite interesting.  I have been using gh/kh, and just "assumed" it would be the best choice given that it was targeted for Neos, etc.  But, I'm open to new ideas.  I'm guessing you use different amounts of the gh+ depending if you are doing neos or cardinia?  I'd love to hear a bit more detail if you're open to sharing.  If I could eliminate it down to buying one remineralizer, I'd be all for it.

Wow im surprised to hear success with just gh+. I assumed some kh would be needed. With 0 kh does the ph get unstable? Im afraid with 0 kh and a tank full of driftwood, ial, and alder cones it would drive the ph low. Am i misunderstanding?

I have just used different amounts to adjust gh for neo and cards.  1 remin has done it all for me.

I don't use driftwwod, ial and alder in my neo tanks.  Just moss in the back corner.  I'm sure tannins would drive the ph lower, but since I don't use tannins in general, ph stays around neutral.

I wonder if it's a bad thing to mix different remineralizers.

For instance, if you use gh/kh and end up with a higher kH than you'd like, would it be okay to then use a liquid remineralizer on a new batch of RO water to only set gH in an attempt to lower kH on the next water change. 

or just don't bother because of possible pH fluctuation.

i dont have tigers, but one friend use salty shrimp gh+ with red tigers.

Neo havent any problem , they need just water ...

I try neo with salty shrimp gh + with my crs , with salty shirmp shrimp sullawesi 8.5 , tap and Ro  for a gh 5 , and in mine tap water that is very hard, 24gh and 22kh.

In all above water they breed fast... :)

My first Remineraliser was salty shrimp gh+. Went through one of the big cannisters.

Great for my neos, I just felt like it was more a product for cardina shrimp.

This time I am actually using salty shrimp Sulawesi 7.5.

Everyone seems happy thus far.

My two cents....