Drip Acclimation Time

Hi Everyone - So I am drip acclimating a couple of my golden bees from one of my tanks where the pH has been at 7.2.

My new 22 gal Mr Aqua is cycled and I am moving these two over to the new tank as the first dwellers. The new tank pH is 6.4.

I have been dripping 1 drop every 3 to 4 seconds for the last 7 hours and the pH in the bowl is currently at 6.9

Gonna be a long night.

What is the longest drip acclimation time you guys have experienced introducing shrimp to new tanks with different pH?

I usually just do 2 hours max on sensitive shrimps..(BKK,OEBT,SSS CRS, BB) no casualties! I do about 1 drop every 3 second as well.. Once the water has been doubled I usually move them over.

I do the same thing. I make sure the water has at least doubled. On more sensitive shrimp I let it triple. Usually takes about 2 hours and sometimes a little more.

As noted 2-3 hours is what I usually drip acclimate my shrimp to, rather be patient and safe than sorry.