Lighting and Shrimp Colors

haha, I was wondering this too. When the first first turn on in the morning my shrimp look a lot bluer then they fad throughout the day. So mine kind of do the opposite of yours.

My prls on the other hand look horrible with the lights out  :rolleyes: glad it's normal

Shrimp change colour according to the environment, lighting and the surrounding. This is for them to camouflage in the nature. This behaviour is the reason that drives dark coloured substrate was chosen as the standard substrate for shrimp keeping.

It is normal for shrimp to colour-up when the lights is on. However, if your shrimp's colour fade away when the light is on, it means either your lighting intensity is too strong (they lessen their colour to blend in) or they are stressed. To find out if it is the latter, you just need to see whether they are active or not. If they are not active when lights on, then they are stressed.