Blue Jelly Taiwan Bee / Hulk Taiwan Bee

Hey guys,

I came across Blue Jelly Taiwan Bee & Hulk Taiwan Bee pics recently but I've never seen them for sale or heard anything about them. Could someone please fill me in on these? Any info would be welcome. I think they are pretty amazing.

Well that is awesome - thank you! I'd gladly place an order today if I wasn't afraid I'd kill them. I tend to be impatient but I have only started neos recently. They are doing well in the breeder setup but I think I should wait until I can actually get them successfully breeding and ensure the setup's water parameters are stable in bee range. I am in love with another of Joe's shrimps so when I'm ready I'll probably order both. Thank you!

Do you know if they are true breeding?

Okay, that just sounds like too much fun! I wish I could fast forward my learning curve like I can my NetFlix.

To be honest I had cherry shrimp for about 5 months before getting into Bees and TB shrimp. I dont think they are that much more difficult than cherry shrimp they just need more specific requirements for setup and water parameters which is easy to do with substrate, RO water and remineralizer. 

I'm using black sand right now. I will have 5 20L in the setup to play with and will probably change out the substrate in 4 of them to accomodate bees. We have been monitoring the parameters and finally got the ph down to 7.4 - 7.6 pretty reliably using a 75 - 25 blend of RO with well water. Thinking of doing straight remineralized RO but haven't done that yet as it seems really costly for such a large setup. ...so much to learn!

Thank you Swivel for the heads up. I'm not a facebook fan so I wouldn't have found that.

I'm Going Shrimp, I just noticed his new post and am so excited! Still a bit headshy, but excitement may overcome nerves ☺

Those are kicka  pinto shrimps   Joes has some excellent stock.

Keep in mind that sometimes when berried shrimps get shipped they lose those eggs.  If your extremely lucky and the shipping is maybe overnight, the female might retain them, but over a few days....less likely.