Prawn to be wild

olav

Im new to this hobby but ill give it a try.

I have a 30l aquarium with plants its cyceling now. im also going to get 2 45l when im back from my vacition.im going to get a mix of shrimp from my local breeder 30+ random shrimp i live in norway soo its not many breeders here just two that i know of(i dont normaly spech English soo sorry for my grammar)

Queastions i have.

Is tropica soil and tropica fertilizer shrimp safe?

Is a hob filter shrimpsafe/does it make alot of noice?

I found this forum my self but i have whathed a lot of youtube videos from DetaAquariums, cristine ha and fancy shrimp love you guys

Welcome, its great to have new members. To answer your questions most of us are US based and are probably not familiar with that type of soil. I did look it up and it looks like it is made for planted tanks and should be fine for Neocaridina shrimp. The fertilizer looks like it would be shrimp safe as well but I am just guessing since I cant find the components listed.  Many of us run HOB filters, they can be made shrimp safe by adding a prefilter sponge over the intake or by purchasing a stainless steel intake cover from Hanaquatics.com . The steel intake covers are much better than a sponge since they dont get clogged easily like sponges. Most HOB filters are not loud, I am running three HOB filters on tanks in my bedroom and I cant hear them over the airpump. And your last question to add pictures scroll all the way to the top of the post and hit the black "reply to this topic" button then it will give you a box to reply and upload pictures. Again welcome, there are many great shirmpers here that love help others enjoy shirmping!

Welcome, Olav. Personally, I think it is awesome when anyone is able to converse in a non-native language, so I don't mind the grammar issues at all. Especially if you note your location in your profile, it lets people know where you're coming from, so to speak.

Always try to get ingredient lists from the manufacturer. Of course, copper is one of the top things to look for.

Just a general point of advice, I would use the fertilizer at a reduced rate, and observe closely.

Looking forward to the pictures.

• 2 weeks later...