Shrimp In Foreign Countries

shrimpybuisness

Hi guys so I just got back from a 3 week trip traveling to different countries (Korea, Philippines, Guam, and Hong Kong) I was excited to visit the Goldfish Market in Hong Kong (its like a part of the city dedicated to pets).

Me and my family stopped by the Goldfish Market and it was so amazing they had so many different fish and they were so CHEAP, here's an example there was a bag of 10 Oto's for $40 Hong Kong Dollars which is around $5 U.S.

Of course I couldn't buy anything to bring back home so I just looked. Then I looked across the street and saw SHRIMP (a shrimp sign) 《Picture 1》!!!

I went in and saw so many cool planted tanks some with "waterfalls" and then I saw shrimp...lots of shrimp so many Tigers, Pintos,PRL, and Neos. I only got to take some quick pics of the Neos before being caught. Apparently your not allowed to take any pictures at any store idk why... you can see the neos I took a picture to be for being caught. 《Pictures 2-4 》

Then I went upstairs to another store and I saw HUUUUGEEE Arawanas and some Expensive Crystal Reds. I believe their names were like crimson something but they were $1980 HongKong Dollars ($275 US). This owner was very strict about pictures so I only to a picture of the sign outside ;(.

《Picture 5》

post-1828-143878278371_thumb.jpg

post-1828-14387828064_thumb.jpg

post-1828-143878282296_thumb.jpg

post-1828-143878284134_thumb.jpg

post-1828-143878285387_thumb.jpg

That is awesome, probably such an amazing trip. I would of loved to see pictures of the Crimson store, interesting how strict they were overall taking pictures. Thank you very much for sharing!

!!! What I wouldn't give to have my reds look like those in the 3rd pic, or the blues for that matter. Wow! Those are outstanding.

That is awesome, probably such an amazing trip. I would of loved to see pictures of the Crimson store, interesting how strict they were overall taking pictures. Thank you very much for sharing!

Yah it was amazing traveling with my family and my parents getting to see all the different types of shrimp there are!

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

Yaya!! CrimsonxHK is owned by Jackie. If you ask nicely he, and most others, would happily let you do photos.

Wow I wish I would have posted this before going in so I would have known this lol. But as soon as I walked in that stir the person their told me to put the camera in my bag. But he was nice I asked him about the fish and shrimp!

Thanks for sharing!

Anyone have any ideas how the far left tank in the third pic has red, white, and blue Neos with such strong individual coloration?  How is this accomplished without the shrimp reverting back to wild/brown coloration?

As a side note, it's interesting to see how little substrate is used, as well as the highly populated fish/shrimp tanks.

Wow I wish I would have posted this before going in so I would have known this lol. But as soon as I walked in that stir the person their told me to put the camera in my bag. But he was nice I asked him about the fish and shrimp!

Haha! Sorry. Should have let us know. Asia is very formal and you need to be polite. Never approach with intent to take pictures. Having a camera out at the ready is equally off putting for them. They have signs all over (you may have seen them) saying no photos. So asking them politely and smiling goes a long way. Actually, most stores don't really mind, but they just want to have you ask them.

I've made many posts about my many visits in Asia on my blogger. Id say about 99% of the stores opened up after chatting with them a bit.

Haha! Sorry. Should have let us know. Asia is very formal and you need to be polite. Never approach with intent to take pictures. Having a camera out at the ready is equally off putting for them. They have signs all over (you may have seen them) saying no photos. So asking them politely and smiling goes a long way. Actually, most stores don't really mind, but they just want to have you ask them.

I've made many posts about my many visits in Asia on my blogger. Id say about 99% of the stores opened up after chatting with them a bit.

Haha don't sweat it. But I was so exited I literally looked at the whole store in 2 minutes and didn't notice the small signs lol ( you can see one in one of the pics) and my dad speaks Cantonese he ask "why no pictures" and the guy says "I don't know why its just that way" (both were smiling while talking) Also having my dad speaking Cantonese gets us a huge discount when shopping lol it goes from $600 Hong Kong Dollars for my RC Helicopter to $180 Hong Kong when he says too much in Cantonese...its so funny it works with every vendor lol

Haha! Same here with my gf. She speaks Cantonese and got me fat discounts.

Rule of thumb for those traveling in Asia - Everything is negotiable. Don't be fooled into paying the "Whiteman's tax" [emoji38]