Newbie advice

Wygglz

Okay, so I ordered Dwarf Blue Crays from Soothing. Three went grey in my 7.4 PH, but one stayed a beautiful blue. Anyway, they are all wonderful and growing fast. Well tonight after we fed everyone, we noticed the blue one breeding another (yay! Go blue!). So my question is this. What now? I mean, what should I expect? Might the one breeding produce offsping? How long does it generally take for her to berry? Any newbie type info would be great.

Hi 35ppt!  I am really smitten with these crays.  I haven't put them in with shrimp yet, but I have seen at least one company says they are okay.  I plan to try it with some culls once I have a colony, but I'm sure someone else in this group already knows.  Their personality is great.  I love watching these little guys.  While people say they are 1 1/2", which is comparable to a full grown neo, their body style, in my opinion makes them look larger.  They use their chelipeds quite readily, or I should say "threaten" with them, but I haven't seen any of them do more than that.  Of course, I have 4 of these little guys in a 20 L so they aren't crowded (yet).  I must say too, that Soothing was very up front about them changing color according to PH and he sent me beautiful blue ones that turned just like he said they would.  But, I wouldn't let that stop anyone.  They are still awesome, and as noted, one of them is still a beautiful blue so he possibly has some stronger genetics that overcome that predilection.  I wish I could give you more info, but I'm hoping that in a few months I can answer all!  :jig:

I'm sure someone else in this group will be able to provide you with very precise info!