Just had a shrimp die

BradH

So I threw some food in and all the shrimp were eating and moving about. About 15 mins later I was watching and noticed a cherry shrimp on its back. Then it tried to swim a few time, like it was jerking and died. Any ideas what's going on? I know y'all will ask me about water parameters. Truth is I don't know. Here is why. Tap water is ph 7 kh3 and gh5 with a tds of 115. But I have Azoo plant substrate and I know it buffers, so the kh and ph are lower. Just don't have the test kits at the moment. CRS and the test if the cherry/sakuras are doing fine. By the way the shrimp that died was not even full grown and all these shrimp were just added on Friday of last week.

Also issue with my tank. Shrimps molting well but day by day has a shrimp died! Can anyone give me a suggestion??

Shrimp: Fire red, Yellow

PH: 6.8

GH: 7 - TDS 300

KH: 2

NO2 - NO3: 10

If your No2 is 10 that's the problem, was the tank fully cycled before adding shrimp?

Brad - is sounds like it was a weak shrimp dying off, sometimes they die after molting if they're not very healthy before. Watch them closely to make sure no more start dying, but from what you're saying I wouldn't worry too much yet.

Brad - is sounds like it was a weak shrimp dying off, sometimes they die after molting if they're not very healthy before. Watch them closely to make sure no more start dying, but from what you're saying I wouldn't worry too much yet.

So today I just happen to look at the tank. All the shrimps were doing their normal thing. Saw a few new molts this morning. Then I was watching a shrimp and all of a sudden it did the same thing. He was acting normal,looked normal, but he kind of raise up and fell over on his back. Then he darted around real quick and sank to the bottom and fell on his side. So I was going to get the net and scoop him out, but once I came back to the tank he was gone. Meaning that apparently he got up and started acting normal again.

Hm, and it was a cherry shrimp again? Not sure why it would do that, keeping checking back to see if it dies or not.

You probably have low ph and gh if your CRS are doing good, I've had mixed results keeping neos in low ph. Some did fine and others slowly died off.

Hm, and it was a cherry shrimp again? Not sure why it would do that, keeping checking back to see if it dies or not.

You probably have low ph and gh if your CRS are doing good, I've had mixed results keeping neos in low ph. Some did fine and others slowly died off.

Yes it was a cherry.I have another tank with higher ph I could put them in.

That happend to my berried rili. She was on the here of death and then the next day she was walking around eating and she even released the babies

And did she stay alive or die after that?

2dKH can't be pH 6.8. One of your test kit is faulty.

I'm using API test and PH online for testing water parameter. 

If your No2 is 10 that's the problem, was the tank fully cycled before adding shrimp?

Yes, the water parameter exactly is NO2 = 0, NO3 = 10. I have dropped Seachem Prime to remove NO3 and will test again after one day.