I am back, and a new tank

cindygao0217

so I was so busy with work and personal life I was really never have the time to be here at this site for a while. Some people may know my orange rili shrimp project all died from infection. So I am starting a new 1.5 g tank of shrimp don't what kind yet. But hopefully my shrimp don't die from infection again. So do any one know a project that help me prevent that from happening again

Well, my personal feeling is with that small of a tank- stick with neos and keep it covered to reduce evaporation.  Any evap and the params can swing quickly in that small of a tank.

A great project is to find a color you like and colony breed to improve that color, or pattern.  Maybe this time carbon rilis.  Or maybe produce some outstanding painted oranges.  The project is only as limited as your imagination. :)

Of course Malawas are very hardy as well, and no one has produced a color strain of them yet...

I'm glad you made it back here!

What about getting maybe 3 red rilis and 3 carbon/blue rilis and work on some rilis with a red head and tail and a blue body. They look very neat and i have seen them sell at $5 a piece and up. I am actually trying to breed these myself right now. im sure you can find a place that sells both so you could save on shipping. Good luck with whatever you decide to do!