Lets get into the shrimp hobby? Why not =)

treylcham

SO for the past week i would say, I have been gathering last minute info on shrimp breeding and just caring for shrimp in general. Ordered a 6 stage RO / DI unit and the necessary remineralizer for the shrimps conditions of the water.

Two days ago i setup a 30 gallon holding tank at which i added 10 gallons of Ro water into and the rest was tap water so that my levels stand at

tds-85

gh-4

kh-1

ph-6.4

temp-73-74* F

And today my first batch of shrimp came in!!!!!! Here is a video of the unboxing of them!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiZ-Pyg9z_4

Here is a picture of the hold tank

db6dd32ff95e56630907628630832460.jpg

And here is a picture of the tank they will be in once I get the ro/di unit in and fully cycle the water over to that.

444ab79ca5ee8eb0140f0e8f13d67e5e.jpg44b9ceb1624b8a3a050489a9b6e4463e.jpg

It is a 60gallon high clarity diy tank.

Has been running now for about four months and is finally ready for the shrimp!!

I will be getting my blue dream shrimp in on I believe ether Thursday or Friday next week!!!

As of right now the shrimp have been acclimating on a dropper of one drip per second or at most two for about one hour now. To my surprise the water parameters of the water they are in are almost identical to the holding tank they will be in!!! So I am guessing I won't be dropping them for much longer once the temps settle in!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SO for the past week i would say, I have been gathering last minute info on shrimp breeding and just caring for shrimp in general. Ordered a 6 stage RO / DI unit and the necessary remineralizer for the shrimps conditions of the water.

Two days ago i setup a 30 gallon holding tank at which i added 10 gallons of Ro water into and the rest was tap water so that my levels stand at

tds-85

gh-4

kh-1

ph-6.4

temp-73-74* F

And today my first batch of shrimp came in!!!!!! Here is a video of the unboxing of them!

Here is a picture of the hold tank

db6dd32ff95e56630907628630832460.jpg

And here is a picture of the tank they will be in once I get the ro/di unit in and fully cycle the water over to that.

444ab79ca5ee8eb0140f0e8f13d67e5e.jpg44b9ceb1624b8a3a050489a9b6e4463e.jpg

It is a 60gallon high clarity diy tank.

Has been running now for about four months and is finally ready for the shrimp!!

I will be getting my blue dream shrimp in on I believe ether Thursday or Friday next week!!!

Are those Kessil lightings?

Yep they are the tuna sub a160we model and I use the controller to make the lighting slowly go on and slowly go off :) very nice lights imo

Yes, they are very nice light and I have them on all my ADA tank previously, but that time there is only A150. The only challenge with this light is that it needs 2 or more to provide even lighting, which is what you are doing. LOL!!

Plant loves these lights, but algae love them more. Do note that once you have bio-load, you may want to reduce the intensity. Or else, you will get algae bloom very easily. It happens to me before and I regretted. :(

Yea hahah :,( well I already covered that hahaha, I got a big green water bloom and ended up moving my lights up off the water by like 9" or so and the lights ramp up and down through the day from morning to dusk. So I haven't got any algae sense I started doing that and plus I have a uv sterilizer so that helps as well. But I wil say that right now I'm fixing to hmer hard on a big bga bloom I got from being gone for 10days -_-. So that will be done before I add the shrimp since bga is toxic to animals if I remember right!

How about reduce to 2 light instead of 3?

Last time, I tried this:

1. Hang them higher;
  2. Reduce from 2 lights to 1;
  3. Use black cardboard to cover the side so that the light does not shine out of the tank (the problem of hanging it up high);
  4. Add additional diffuser at the bottom (bad idea because the light is very hot and will melt the diffuser over time);
  5. Added analogue dimmer to the power supply outlet.

i could easily dim the light to 50 or 60% instead of the 100% but i dont think its really going to be necessary for my setup =) I might add that if i did reduce to two lights i would loose the light in the fron of the driftwood becasue of the big stump that is in the middle. =) i am going to guesss i will be fine since the only algae i have really ever had is dust and spot, and of course now i have the bga sicne one of the plants iput in had it and i didnt know about it atm so that was my bad then i went on vaca for 10 days and bam haha it was everywhere lol. didnt help that my co2 shut off because of a storm (florida haha) which caused the spot algae to arrive. So now i just have the bga and it should be gone by this next week =) 

Besides that i cant wait for next week!! I will be getting in some s grade crs and some blue dream shrimp!!! From a sponsor on the forum of course =)! 

I really like that this forum doesn't have a ton of rules like the other forums do! really makes it more enjoyable since they arnt just worried about someone showing a product and then flipping out on you lol. Cant wait to get more into the forum =)!!! 

I might add these are not prl
I ended up drip acclimating them for about 3 to 4 hours ish. I just waited until the ph and tds were the same then i put the container they were in in the water(Its one of the hook on fish rectangle clear bins that they use to hold ur fish in before bagging. then i just let the temps get perfect and added them in =) 

i could easily dim the light to 50 or 60% instead of the 100% but i dont think its really going to be necessary for my setup =) I might add that if i did reduce to two lights i would loose the light in the fron of the driftwood becasue of the big stump that is in the middle. =) i am going to guesss i will be fine since the only algae i have really ever had is dust and spot, and of course now i have the bga sicne one of the plants iput in had it and i didnt know about it atm so that was my bad then i went on vaca for 10 days and bam haha it was everywhere lol. didnt help that my co2 shut off because of a storm (florida haha) which caused the spot algae to arrive. So now i just have the bga and it should be gone by this next week =) 

Besides that i cant wait for next week!! I will be getting in some s grade crs and some blue dream shrimp!!! From a sponsor on the forum of course =)! 

I really like that this forum doesn't have a ton of rules like the other forums do! really makes it more enjoyable since they arnt just worried about someone showing a product and then flipping out on you lol. Cant wait to get more into the forum =)!!! 

Oh... Yeah. Forgot A160 now has a controller. LOL!!!

FYI, 50 to 60% maybe too strong. That light is really powerful. :)

Yea haha! I'm actually starting to plan a blue bolt/black King Kong/blue panda tank. I'm thinking a 20L with some contro soil that I had got a month back for something and ended up not using it. That though I'm not. 100% sure on yet though.