Adventure with Nessies!

repsaJ

Very excited to have received ~15 Nessies from Soothing Shrimp on 8/13/15!

Had some problems with USPS initially - package was shipped Monday with Priority Express, but finally arrived Thursday. Luckily, as a testament to Soothing Shrimp's packaging expertise and shrimp health, there weren't any deaths despite the long delay. 

As a note, when stressed, Nessies exhibit blue coloration similar to Blue Dreams strangely enough. Couple pictures of the shrimp when they arrived, with my Taiwan Fire Red tank in the background. 

post-2212-0-80484800-1439670541_thumb.jp

post-2212-0-95619000-1439670547_thumb.jp

As of 8/15/15, the shrimp have finally started exhibiting their green coloration! Some still have the blue, but most are now green overall. I've attached a horrible image with three of them pictured - can you find them all? Very hard to picture them because of their size, so will either need to purchase a DSLR with a macro lens, or purchase a lens for my phone. Leaning towards the latter because of the inordinate price difference, so hopefully the quality of my pictures improve in the near future. 

post-2212-0-08314900-1439672484_thumb.jp

• 1 month later...

Took a clearer video of the guys eating on 9/7/15. Much larger now! 

Unfortunately, as of today there are signs of bacterial infection in a couple of the individuals. I've separated them from the group, and am using a ton of guava leaves and dosing metricide-14 as well. There haven't been any deaths yet, but hopefully it clears up without the use of antibiotics. Will probably use Levimiasole HCL as detailed here.