Ooh, you have Mohawk shrimp too! (If that's the concern, see the topic I started in fear from a few weeks back... ;))

ETA also, I made my Mohawk mama my profile pic. :)

Racing stripe! Apparently bred for and quite desirable in some high quality strains.

In short, totally normal coloration variation. I didn't know that until mine popped up though, and the good folks here reassured me.

Racing stripe! Apparently bred for and quite desirable in some high quality strains.

In short, totally normal coloration variation. I didn't know that until mine popped up though, and the good folks here reassured me.

I see. Also, where would be the best place to put a sponge filter? Bottom? Middle? Top?

I put mine where the output is just at water level. Is that correct or should it go lower?

As long as water is moving through the vertical tube with the bubbles, anywhere is fine.

I place mine toward the middle/bottom, but some people place the outflow ABOVE the water line to lessen the sound of bubbles.  As long as water and bubbles still come out, you are good.