Snails/Amano's, which do I need/want?

Faralon

Unfortunately that looks like BBA and there isn't any critter we can add to rid this plague. Usually when this started to pop up back when I aquascaped, I would hit the algae directly with a syringe and hydrogen peroxide. 

Ahh, ok.  I wasn't familiar with BBA, but after looking at pictures, I'd have to agree.  I'll take the rocks out for a scrub / bath in hydrogen peroxide.  It's on some of the leaves of chain sword too, so those will get the snip.  Whats a typical procedure for re-introducing the rocks after the H2O2 treatement, just rinse em real good should be ok, correct?

Thanks Daryl!

That sounds like a perfect plan. In the past when aquascaping I used a syringe in the tank with a combination of water/hydrogen peroxide. BUT with shrimp I would certainly go the route you are planning.

The only think I know of that will eat BBA are black mollies, but theyd also eat your shrimp.

Manual removal and spot treating with Hydrogen Peroxide.   

If it's only growing in that one spot, id just pull that rock out, scrub it and bleach the hell out of it.

Nerites prefer diatoms and what's generally called "green dust" algae, which is soft and easily removed - it's mainly a nuisance because it really likes to grow on glass. Mine wouldn't even really eat "green spot" algae (tougher stuff that is much harder to scrape off, generally likes to spring up when phosphates are low).

I have a theory that black beard algae growth is inhibited in alkaline and/or hard water. I'd like to test this some time but don't have a source for test specimens (or for acidic tank water).