hmf to split a 40b

Being inspired by some people's journals and plan to try this out once i get everything else lined up. Would a hmf style filter work in splitting a 40b? I assume you'll need two kits for outflow to each side and I'll probably run two heaters on each side just to make sure temp is constant. How much space would be needed in that middle section to be most effective? Thanks for any help!

Yea i really wanted to try it out but after thinking about it all day i think I'll be doing four 10 gallons. Seems like it'll be more cost-effective and more forgiving if i mess something up. Only been keeping shrimp for a few months so i still gots lots of learnings to do.

Four tens gives you more flexibility, although less actual water volume (a ten holds less than 10 gallons, while a 40 breeder actually holds closer to 44 gallons). You can also get your feet wet with the smaller HMF and see if you like them (I am a big fan but preferences do vary). I'd also give some consideration to doing two 20 longs - greater water stability that comes with the larger volume. I've never been satisfied with the 10 except as a hospital tank.

What shrimp are you planning on?

Being inspired by some people's journals and plan to try this out once i get everything else lined up. Would a hmf style filter work in splitting a 40b? I assume you'll need two kits for outflow to each side and I'll probably run two heaters on each side just to make sure temp is constant. How much space would be needed in that middle section to be most effective? Thanks for any help!

I'm thinking you will need just enough space for the heater and purigen bag if you use purigen..  I dont think you need two heaters if you use a higher wattage like 150-200 watts.