Remineralizing in planted tanks!?!

Shrimp lover

When you say switch over to remineralized water does that mean your currently using tap water and are looking to use RO/DI water? Plants require water with minerals whether that be tap water or remineralized RO water. When you mention plants not receiving enough nutrients from remineralized water your now talking to fertilizer.

I have both full planted and shrimp tanks. All have plants and all use remineralized RO water. Planted tank I use Seachem Equalibrium and SL Aqua Blue Wizard for the shrimp tanks.

When you say switch over to remineralized water does that mean your currently using tap water and are looking to use RO/DI water? Plants require water with minerals whether that be tap water or remineralized RO water. When you mention plants not receiving enough nutrients from remineralized water your now talking to fertilizer.

I have both full planted and shrimp tanks. All have plants and all use remineralized RO water. Planted tank I use Seachem Equalibrium and SL Aqua Blue Wizard for the shrimp tanks.

Yes, I currently use tap water. Do you use the shrimp remineralizer and seachem equalibrium?

I use SL Aqua Blue Wizard for my shrimp tanks. I use Seachem Equilibrium for my Plant tank that has fish and no shrimp. Do not use both as Poopians has said they are both remineralizers.

Do not switch from tap to RO water rapidly, small water changes would be best. Measure your tab water parameters first and make your RO water similiar. Too big a change even if better could result in shrimp deaths.

There is another post going over this you might want to read over.

Yes and no... I have a CRS/CBS tank and a RCS/Red Rili tank, both are heavily planted and both tanks are reproducing shrimp very well. The key is to select the right plants: Anubias, Bucephalandra, Java Fern, Water Sprite, Hornwort, Cardinal Plant, Guppy Grass, Cryptocoryne, various floaters and various mosses all do great under modest light with little to no fertilizer.

Done right plants are a great natural filter, provide shelter and a place where shrimp will graze and feed on biofilm, algae, etc.

They do make finding and catching shrimp a bit challenging. I guess like most things in life moderation is usually best.