Fluval edge diy led upgrade

etcamire04

Hi,

I just got a fabulous fluval edge for the big price of 0$ (some ladie having no more time and getting rid of it) so I'm planning a new tank.

First thing I need to fix the lighting since the stock led is almost dead because of the humidity entering it (not a big loss).

So I'm actually thinking about doing my own led setup. But, I know about nothing in this and I'm getting lost in the various topics.

Any advice from person doing led in the past.

For the moment, I'm not really planning to put difficult plant in there. Future population might be some wine Red or another Bee shrimp. I'll put ada amazonia in there.

Quite simple ! How are you satisfied of the results for your plants ? What is the size of your aquarium ?

I already have a 12V adapter that I could reuse for this.

I immediately noticed new leaves on my anubias, so I'm happy with the results. I have it now on a 3 gallon display tank.

I'd like to put it on my 5 gallon grow-out tank, but the fan is not working at 12v. I was using a 7v adaptor to test it while I was building, but I have to use an additional fan at 12v. I'm going to try adding a resistor when I have some time.

004b32e34fded55a9873b5cfcc86878e.jpg

Hi,

I just got a fabulous fluval edge for the big price of 0$ (some ladie having no more time and getting rid of it) so I'm planning a new tank.

First thing I need to fix the lighting since the stock led is almost dead because of the humidity entering it (not a big loss).

So I'm actually thinking about doing my own led setup. But, I know about nothing in this and I'm getting lost in the various topics.

Any advice from person doing led in the past.

For the moment, I'm not really planning to put difficult plant in there. Future population might be some wine Red or another Bee shrimp. I'll put ada amazonia in there.

I have the edge and my light did the same thing. The edge isnt cheap and I cant believe fluval didn't seal it so moisture doesn't get inside. I was thinking about using this light and attaching it to the bottom of the top cover.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B01326W8IU/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=3KO1WK7164JPE&coliid=I1LDTSLV8PK3WX&psc=1

I have the edge and my light did the same thing. The edge isnt cheap and I cant believe fluval didn't seal it so moisture doesn't get inside. I was thinking about using this light and attaching it to the bottom of the top cover.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B01326W8IU/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=3KO1WK7164JPE&coliid=I1LDTSLV8PK3WX&psc=1

Seems good. I need to check if I can get it in Canada. Last time, I paid a lot for my order of finnex products (they are not anymore distributed in Canada)

For the moment, I'm thinking if I could use the wires already in place to use led. The current is already 12V in their so it could be easier.

Amazon.CA doesn't have all the products available on Amazon.com. for some products, I can order in the US, but some aren't even shipped to Canada. It happens quite often for aquarium supplies. Most of my supplies comes from eBay because of that.

Envoyé de mon SGH-I337M en utilisant Tapatalk

Amazon.CA doesn't have all the products available on Amazon.com. for some products, I can order in the US, but some aren't even shipped to Canada. It happens quite often for aquarium supplies. Most of my supplies comes from eBay because of that.

Envoyé de mon SGH-I337M en utilisant Tapatalk

that sucks

E-bay has LED clip-on rimless fixtures for around $12.00 to $20.00 US dollars, and ship all over the planet. I'll try to paste a link here. This will look like N.O.S. equipment for this tank. This seller is in China and is selling for $6.22 +.22 cents! I bought one of these from Chine (where ALL of these products are made anyways) and love it!! MAKE sure the voltage (120V or 240V) plug configuration is correct for your country!

Mouse over image to zoom
  • s-l64.jpg
  • s-l64.jpg
  • s-l64.jpg
  • s-l64.jpg
  • s-l64.jpg
Have one to sell? Sell now
28 LED Aquarium Fish Tank Clamp Clip Lamp Light White & Blue Color Lighting New

Seller information
vip9029 (48437 )
98.7% Positive feedback