Shrimp Pics

mosspearl

I took some pictures today to celebrate finishing up four books that had to be done by the 15th. Whew! I didn't think I was ever getting out of my cave!

Anyway, today I took a break for part of the day.

BV riding on a blue ramshorn:

yfPYQgi.jpg

BV in the corner:

09Mhu6L.jpg

BV on a leaf:

pJnbk0W.jpg

Underside of a rili:

Q5Qpie3.jpg

Sideview of a rili:

dX1CqDG.jpg

A yellow:

6LYXKHe.jpg

Peeking out of the moss:

1eA6V4u.jpg

More moss:

yAVZsoD.jpg

It was fun to take some time with the shrimpies today. Obviously I need to pull some algae! Eek! Poor things are lucky the algae hasn't eaten them by now.

At least I'm not the only one! LOL I'm getting better with the cell phone camera, though. Just need to practice more.

I can't find any babies in the BV tank from the first batch, though I do see some from the second batch if I look hard enough. I suppose they could be good at hiding in the moss and one day they'll just pop out, but they don't come out on feeding days, either (at least, not when I'm looking).

I've left algae on the glass... but we see a few more often near the rocks on the bottom. Maybe they didn't read the manual? :huh: Last month's clutch are nowhere to be seen. Maybe they've morphed into invisible ninja shrimp! :ph34r:

Ive often wondered if the survival rate would be better if they were put in a well established breeder box for the first couple weeks befor egoing to general population :)