Shrimp -FT Red Claw Shrimp

thumb-4343bc9397957c28546f32f33278f1ac-m

Offer title: FT Red Claw Shrimp

Offer Submitter: Soothing Shrimp

Offer Submitted: 03 Jun 2014

Offer Category: Shrimp

I bought Red Claw Shrimp shrimp a couple years ago because my wife was interested in seeing larger shrimp.  Now she lost interest and I'd like to use the tank for other projects.

My tank is densely "planted" (moss, hair algae to eat, hornwort) so I can't tell how many I have in there right now.  Forgive me, but I really don't want to pull everything out if there is no interest. The pics are about a year old now.

Red Claw shrimp are very active.  I keep them around 75-78F.  The males get an opaque brown with long arms when full grown, the females stay a translucent greenish with tiger stripes and shorter thinner long arms.  When berried eggs are green.

I keep mine in a dense "forest" in a 20T tank and they do fine because sight lines are broken up.  Very occasionally claws are lost, but grow back.  I also have some dwarf shrimp in there and it seems they were not interested in them so they have grown up in the tank, too.  Your experience may differ? They can grow around 3" big or so.

I've never sold these as these were display for my family basically.  They can be hard to find, and AB sells them for ~ $10 ea.

I may go back to them again in the future as they really have some cool personalities- very crayfish like with waving arms.  I just want to go in a different direction right now.

Selling them would be fine I guess, but the money would just go right back into my shrimping hobby! LOL  So I may as well skip the middle part and see if anyone want to trade for shrimp. (Not really a plant person.)  Figured I'd offer here first since this is turning out to be my favorite shrimp forum.

Just recently received some cards and so far they are doing well, even with my high temps here.  So Neo or card or Sulawesi or ? trades may be fine.  Try me  :)

Click here to show this offer