gerb89

So I have had this Mr Aqua 12 long for over a year with big plans on gutting an old upright piano and putting it inside. Well time has not allowed for the big plans and I finally decided to just set it up and live with it. So here it is, set it up over the weekend with the SL Aqua power cycle kit from DiscoBee. This will be my first real shrimp tank and I hope this works out awesome! I plan on putting CRS in it after the cycle is done. Right now I am trying to get the tank up to 85° to get the magic powder to work its magic. Let me know what you think and if you have any advice.post-3514-0-92651400-1456462968_thumb.jp

So I have had this Mr Aqua 12 long for over a year with big plans on gutting an old upright piano and putting it inside. Well time has not allowed for the big plans and I finally decided to just set it up and live with it. So here it is, set it up over the weekend with the SL Aqua power cycle kit from DiscoBee. This will be my first real shrimp tank and I hope this works out awesome! I plan on putting CRS in it after the cycle is done. Right now I am trying to get the tank up to 85° to get the magic powder to work its magic. Let me know what you think and if you have any advice.attachicon.gifCRS Setup #1.jpg

From the looks of your setup (booze on the right side)  your shrimp are going to do some hard core partying :thumbsu:

Wow. I like the hardscape! Looks very similar to one of my setups. Choice Bubbler or equiv., Eheim Canister Filter. I think this will be a very good looking "first" shrimp tank.

Wow. I like the hardscape! Looks very similar to one of my setups. Choice Bubbler or equiv., Eheim Canister Filter. I think this will be a very good looking "first" shrimp tank.

To be honest I am a youtube junkie and got most of my insperation from your videos. I love the minimalistic look of your tanks and your shrimp look to be thriving so I will start with this and see where it goes.

To be honest I am a youtube junkie and got most of my insperation from your videos. I love the minimalistic look of your tanks and your shrimp look to be thriving so I will start with this and see where it goes.

That is awesome! Thank you for your kind words. I usually add my cholla wood when I am initially setting up the aquarium. Usually allows for the growth of beneficial bacteria and biofilm for the newly added shrimp to munch on.

Dont you steal my thunder!!! Just kidding, your tank looks amazing! Glad to see another Mr Aqua Enthusiast on here. What stone are you using? May be throwing some questions your way one day. Did you go with the Eheim 2213 or 2217?

Dont you steal my thunder!!! Just kidding, your tank looks amazing! Glad to see another Mr Aqua Enthusiast on here. What stone are you using? May be throwing some questions your way one day. Did you go with the Eheim 2213 or 2217?

Using seiyru stone that I got from my awesome lfs and I am using the Eheim 2213. I also have 2 squares of flame moss that I hope does well. Tried to get an order in to Han before he left for Japan, but I think I missed the cut off. Plan on adding some cholla pieces and also countinue to monitor the water parameters so I can add the shrimp.