Mineral Rock

atteb

I use Borneowild Minerock in all of my shrimp tanks. Do I need for sure it does anything, no, but it is a peace of mind. I always tell people that ask my if certain products or supplements are necessary, I always tell them its not a must, but wouldn't you rather be safe than sorry especially when spending quite a bit on shrimp? 

I was using these http://www.tantora-intl.com/index.php?lay=show&ac=article&Id=539727864 for a while, but I removed them thinking they might be raising my TDS. But now that I think of it, I have seen a couple shrimp with difficulty molting lately. I wonder if there is a real connection.

The easiest way to find out is to put a rock in a small container of water for a day or two and test the TDS and PH to see if the rock affects water parameters.

there are multiple types of mineral rocks. for example SL-Aqua offers 2 version. 

The mironekuton (basically old sea mud rocks) tends to be more granular and flakey. 

The montmorillonite clay holds its shape better, Tantora also offers this version.

Most prefer the Mironekuton version, and this is usually what you see in most photos.

either one works fine; some ppl like the Mironekuton more as you can also break it up into powder to double as old see mud as can be more cost effective that way - 1kg of rocks is around the same price as 500g of powder.

The harder ones like the Okazo ones hold it shape a bit better but tend to also get covered in algae, which could be good or bad depending on how you look at it.

either one works fine; some ppl like the Mironekuton more as you can also break it up into powder to double as old see mud as can be more cost effective that way - 1kg of rocks is around the same price as 500g of powder.

The harder ones like the Okazo ones hold it shape a bit better but tend to also get covered in algae, which could be good or bad depending on how you look at it.

Spot on!   both are great in their unique ways.