Shipping with long life breather bags

vinniemabuna

Hi, I have shipped guppies-shrimp with poly bags with good results . I had this week some bloody mary shrimp shippeong life d from NYC to Arizona where I live . The seller used priority with no heat pack, the shrimp were in a long life breather bag tied in a not with insulation -wall like from home depot . He shipped Monday , I didn't get them until Saturday! I talked to the postal worker and told her what happened, she said tell me if there alive and they are ! Stressed a lot of course but alive I just hope they don't die in the next few days? Can any explain the long life bag ? I thought the bag needs some air around it to expel the ammonia buildup ect but he had them tightly wraped in the insulation.. thanks..

the bags don't rely on oxygen in the bag.

oxygen is exchanged through the bag.

maybe that's why they call them breather bags.  :P

don't know how it works,but it does.

if they were deprived of oxygen,most likely they would be all dead when you got them,maybe even if it was a 2 day delivery.

Not 100% sure but guessing it is somewhat like Gore-Tex waterproof fabric.  Molecule's are so small that pores in in fabric (bags) allow the exchange of gasses, while the larger water molecules cannot pass thru.  ,,,,Mike