Temperature for Tangerine Tigers

I just added some Tangerine Tigers to an existing tank with a Cobalt Neotherm heater set at 74F....it keeps the tank at a steady 74.4 degrees.

This is my first foray into C. Serrata.........should I lower the temperature to 72F or am I fine at my current temp?  The Neotherm temperature control is in 2 degree increments only.  The tank is well-maintained and currently houses other Caridina shrimp.

Thanks!  SM

I just added some Tangerine Tigers to an existing tank with a Cobalt Neotherm heater set at 74F....it keeps the tank at a steady 74.4 degrees.

This is my first foray into C. Serrata.........should I lower the temperature to 72F or am I fine at my current temp?  The Neotherm temperature control is in 2 degree increments only.  The tank is well-maintained and currently houses other Caridina shrimp.

Thanks!  SM

I keep mine between 69-72 degrees. They breed like rabbits. I would go down to at least 72. I use the same heater and in my bee tanks I set them at 70 degrees because these tank run a little warmer from the filters and with cooling fans they average around 71 degrees. With my TT's it doesn't matter if they are in neo parameters or bee, they breed like crazy

• 3 weeks later...

Can anyone else comment on this?

Do TT really need the lower temps? I.e. has anyone actually had issues at the higher temp ranges, or are we just making a general statement here?

I understand that running the lower temp is ideal. But that may be an issue for me this summer. My setup makes it hard for me to run another electrical device. And I don't have the great luxury of having a cool basement. Or even a hot one.

My neos were perfectly fine with this arrangement, but now I am wondering about my newest addition, TT.

• 4 months later...

Temps in my tank 75 and breed like rabbits. They are crazy hardy from what I seen even to the point I could say they act like Cherry shrimp lol.

I toss TT culls into a mini outdoor pond full of feeder goldfish as treats for the fish. Temps in that mini pond are 84 and the goldfish are so lazy that a small colony formed in the java moss.

For about three weeks this year, during our heat wave my tanks were getting up to 82. Did not loose a single shrimp to the heat, and that is counting my poor little OEBT culls that arrived the week before the heat wave began. 

=^._.^=