Hydra and Planeria in Shrimp Tank

capt.dru

19 hours ago, capt.dru said:

Here is what i used to make this. I used 1, 1gram packet of fenbendazole mixed with 200ml of hot dechlorinated tap water. Hot water is the key to dissolve most of it. Shake as long as you can. Here are the following dosages:

20ml=10gal

15ml= 7.5gal

10ml=5gal

7ml=3.5gal

5ml=2.5gal

This should make things easier for dosing and is a safe dosage for your shrimp. Mine are all still alive and well.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

So reading this, it would be 2ml per gallon, right?  If I have a 9 gallon tank, complete with substrate, rocks, wood, and plants (plus corner filter & heater) how much water do I really have?  And is this stuff so 'touchy' that accidental overdosing would kill the shrimp & fish in the tank??

The same treatment is used by dwarf seahorse keepers, due to the constant heavy feedings of baby brine shrimp that make up the bulk of their diet. From what I recall, this stuff kills snails, slugs, and worms, and can possibly remain in the tank for a while afterwards, making reintroduction difficult.