Noodles' fluvel spec II

Noodle

Hi guys, been lurking around the forums for a while. I'm a long time reefer, new to the world of shrimping. I just love how low maintance these guys are compared to my reef tanks! Anyways here's my setup:

tank: an old fluvel spec II (former desktop reef tank)

substrate: inert florite

water: ri/di water since I have it around for my reefs, remineralized with Bee Shrimp gh+ to a Tds of 150-170

ph ~6.5

decor/flora:

manzanita branch with Fissidens geppi

a few random crypts

random mats of several mosses

frogbits and duckweed floating

anubis nana in the back chamber

inverts:

bunch of mini ramshorn snails

2 red bolts and 3 wr's I got from plamski, maybe I'll add some pandas; not sure if I want a mixed tank yet

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Beautiful shrimp, and I dig the "living wall" style of mounting the moss on the side of the tank too.

Are you able to maintain the pH without an active substrate? I thought inert ones were more meant for Neos.

The tap water in NYC comes out at that pH, tested the tank multiple times when it was first set up and I've never noticed any changes in the pH. Stays constant at 6.5. 

Never planned on hanging the moss, just didn't realize how big the sheet were when I got them. It was the only space open :lol:

• 4 weeks later...