Substrate

The new Fluval dose leech ammonia It's been reformulated. Original Fss got some bad press it didn't leech ammonia people rushed there cycle got impatient put shrimp in no time for bio film to form shrimp died people blamed Fss for there lack of knowledge. Fluval's awnser make it idiot proof and sell more product.

The new Fluval dose leech ammonia It's been reformulated. Original Fss got some bad press it didn't leech ammonia people rushed there cycle got impatient put shrimp in no time for bio film to form shrimp died people blamed Fss for there lack of knowledge. Fluval's awnser make it idiot proof and sell more product.

I agree with you, do a search and you'll see how many people blame the ammonia in ADA soil after they. "cycled" their tank after 2 weeks. It's crazy how people are quick to blame stuff and not cycle the tank.

-Chris

• 3 weeks later...

I have used Africana and it does buffer lower, it does not provide as much nutrients for plants if you are going to add any. Shrimp sand and fss are the same no real nutrients for plants. I have used about every us available soil and found. Ada Amazonia to be tried and true, my second choice even though petiole say bad things about it is Akadama drl, even though yu can't get it state side anymore. It buffered well and for some crazy reason my plants flourished in it. I have 2 tanks with it still 2 years in and buffering strong and babies all over