Replacement light for Spec V

I just got Fluval Spec V tank for free but it's missing light. Do any of you know what is fitting to the tank? I checked amazon and ebay and refuse to pay half of the price of the tank for light.

You've probably already considered the Finnex Planted+ Clip light but yeah that is around $45 on Amazon. How about the Deep Blue Professional Solarflare Micro LED Red Light https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00AXNQB34/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_HvkyxbXZ9KARZ

Never used it but had it on my list to try.

Thank you!

Yes, I checked that option (Finnex) and the replacement light and it seems unreasonable. I have 2 small clip lights (need to check brand and output) if nothing else I may try them.

What will you be keeping in it? Shrimp with low light flora like moss, yah? Maybe just use those LED clip IKEA lights?

Tried it, grew too much algae!

1 hour ago, ibebian said:

Oh interesting! Any idea why? Maybe spectrum not sufficient for plant photosynthesis and thus poor plant growth?

Some plants react poorly to different spectrums as you mention. So they may not be able to absorb nutrients as fast at the algae. you could also try peroxide spot treatment, my favorite is the 3-5 blackout, your plants and shrimp will survive, but the algae wont!

Been looking for a light for my new 2 gal drum fishbowl; this looked interesting on e-bay - http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-IllumaFlex-LED-NoClean-Aquariums-UNIVERSAL-Fish-Tank-Bowl-Aquarium-Light-/261923981911?hash=item3cfbe2ca57:g:dAYAAOSwiYFXF-U- 

=^._.^=