A new way to have a planted HOB...

Looks interesting. But quite small. I too wonder if they will have a larger version. Could just be the picture since I don't have anything for scale but the last picture of one of the tanks on the page does look larger. 

Best of both worlds? I know a lot of people also put plants in their HOBs. Maybe grow some kitchen herbs in the fish tank? Dunno. They talked about making larger ones, but for the kickstarter went with a smaller one to make it more manageable and affordable. I don't know what they're going to charge for it or anything. Always interested to see new innovations, though. :) This does look like it's only nano-sized.

I'm not afraid of the size... I have two 2.5 gallons right now. Of course they're nowhere near as pretty as the one they're making, but I could get them for $14, which was a lot kinder to my wallet. Oh, why aren't authors richer so they could pay me more? Then my hobby could expand to include cool toys like this! :wacko:

Haha! That's my hobby, too, moss pearl. 

I'll most certainly take pics, but they don't anticipate having the tank out until July 1. That'll be good for me. 

$100 is my budget for every tank I start, so this is actually already all set up for me light wise, filtration wise, tank wise and even comes with seeds and soil lol. 

I'm advising them in certain parts of final creation, so I hope they listen.

If they are doing injection molding, I'd imagine that is to create the tank in one piece (at least the bottom portion) to eliminate any seam.

Ahhhhh. Yeah. I imagine so as well. If I understood, the filter is in 4 plastic pieces.

I really hope they build the tank in glass though.