Kuhli loaches

Shaun

Hi all I would like to not have too many pond snails in my tank problem is though I do not want to go chemical for two reasons:

a) It is not natural

B) It will kill everything including the shrimp I am planning on.

Now my question. I have read somewhere that Kuhli loaches eat snails we are very short on assassin snails around here but can get millions of kuhlis.

In light of the above I have long since learnt that stuff that eat snail will eat shrimp unless they are snails themselves.Will this be the case with the Kuhli's too?

Regards:

Shaun

In my 30 gal I have 4 kuhlis and 2 black kuhlis (idk why they are called black because they are brown haha but get bigger than the stripped ones).

I haven't had a snail problem since. Adding the larger black kuhlis. However I haven't been able to add anything else into the tank either. My nerites were instantly fed upon. And any shrimp try to add into the tank instantly disappear.

So as well as they work I think they will eat shrimp too.

-Duffy

Well right now they only have one place to really hide but it's taken over by my pleco haha. I have sand substrate but even with my other cave log I had in they would always come out at feeding and I could usually see 2-3 out of my 6 at any given time.

I call them water weasels. Haha

-Duffy

Lol they do act a bit like weasels don't they?Always skulking around and always busy.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk

Thanks ,the tank I was thinking of putting them which is a planted 30 gallon with only male endlers has a lid but back has 2 inch opening for filter tubes .

the opening might be a problem .

I have always like kuhli's but assumed big escape artists .

before I added some paper "barriers" in the back of my hood (to cover those opening for the filter tubes because I added some Gardneri Killifish) they never attempted to escape (well that I know of, they weren't successful haha). They tend to stay at the bottom 99% of the time, sometimes I notice them swimming up and down the corner of the glass looking for food when I feed

Thanks . 

I am going to the fish farm this week going to pick up a few .  Every time I go there I want to get some but I did not want to seal the back of my tank . The water level is 1/2 inch from the top so now think it should be fine .

The tank bottom has lots driftwood so they will be able to hide . Its a 29 gallon high where I had my CPO crays but switched them to a 30 gallon planted long .

## I picked up 3 - two days ago .