Water behind HMF

Set up my first tank using an HMF about a week ago.  Big fan so far, but have a question regarding the water BEHIND the sponge.  Since there isn't much water movement in this space I've developed a film on the surface.  Is this a problem?  I thought of adding a second airstone to keep the water behind the foam moving but not sure if it's necessary.  I know a lot of you swear by HMFs so let me know what you think.  Thanks.  

• 2 months later...
On 5/21/2018 at 10:11 AM, Tpshrimper said:

Set up my first tank using an HMF about a week ago.  Big fan so far, but have a question regarding the water BEHIND the sponge.  Since there isn't much water movement in this space I've developed a film on the surface.  Is this a problem?  I thought of adding a second airstone to keep the water behind the foam moving but not sure if it's necessary.  I know a lot of you swear by HMFs so let me know what you think.  Thanks.  

I had the same concern :P I decided to add an air stone to prevent the mozzies in my area from having a breeding haven