Aquatic life ro buddie

Valek

Had mine slightly over a year and still getting TDS 5, it takes about 30 minutes to fill up a gallon in my experience. Overall I'd buy another one as long as you don't need have a bunch of tanks, it was super simple to piece together and has held up pretty solid.

• 2 weeks later...

Have you guys thought it odd they have a 550 discharge valve thingy on the 50gpd RO buddie.  From my understanding that it what controls the amount of waste.  I have seen 350 on most other 50gpd models.  Also I was told that the last 10 to 15 tds left is basically the ammonia and chlormines.  Is this correct or did I miss understand what I was told.

I know it is supposed to be removed however every chlormone kit I see for full sized RO systems run 2 carbon filters and single micron ones at that.  So a single carbon cartridge may not remove them all.  

Now on Amazon for I think 64 dollers they have a full size 5 stage RO.  It comes with a presure tank and drinking water faucet. I ordered one to see how it works so I'll let everyone know how it works.

Well my RO unit showed up last night.  Seems to be a solid unit.  34 pounds total.  

Another thing to keep in mind is how much pressure you have in your house.  I was getting a very high waste to clean ratio.  A pump can cost around 100 bucks.  Lastly most good carbon filters have ratings for how many gallons they are good for at removing chlormines vs chlorine.  One that comes to mind is 15,000 gallons chlorine 2,500 chlormines.  I'm not clear if this means it's depleted after 2500 gallons of water with chlormines and can still do 12500 of chlorine or if it's toast after the 2500.  

Lastly has anyone replaced the di resin in the di cartridge that comes with the RO buddie?