Peroxide

Valek

Great, thanks for the pic! I really wouldn't know if you really need to use the food grade one or just the regular one found at drug stores... It would be interesting to see if there might be any difference in using one over the other, I take it that the one you posted isn't less than a dollar...

Can this be done with shrimp in the tank?

Im having issues with this string algea in 2 tanks and have tried plucking it but to no avail.d8bce1666ae55a16641789da54f73ecf.jpg

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

I turned the air off for 15 minutes n used about 2ml of house hold peroxide.iv used doubble this dose for neos to treat bacterial infection. Just not sure about using it on caradina for alge. The shrimp were super happy to have the flow off. The tanks all have a ton of flow from the jet lifters. Can you have too much flow for shrimp? They seem to hide and stick to cover with the air running. Lastly do shrimp need light? Im already down to 4hr of light. Its a beamworks et light running the short way across 3 tanks.

Whats the max dose that is safe for normal mosses? I know it will melt suwassertang and that type of liverworts n mosses from expensive experience.

The shrimp don't need the light, but the plants certainly need it.  I have also have noticed that most shrimp don't like too much flow, but that flow is what keeps our tanks clean and keeps the bacteria alive.  

When spot treating was there a max amount per gallon you used? Iv also used it on one small spot of bba but never for such a large amount of string algea.

When spot treating was there a max amount per gallon you used? Iv also used it on one small spot of bba but never for such a large amount of string algea.

There was but I can’t remember exactly. It was just from a quick internet search at the time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk