January Sale

miwu

Reptile shows are fun, I used to keep leos and various snakes while at college. Wife hates them so I don't get to anymore.

Reptile shows are fun, I used to keep leos and various snakes while at college. Wife hates them so I don't get to anymore.

Yup, they are! It was my first reptile show and it blew me away. I never knew the trade was so big. I went home and immediately searched for the next reptile show in my area lol.

Expert? No, but I did my research and kept a few. ;)

I bred enough leopard geckos to know what I'm talking about and the only thing I can say is please don't use a heat lamp

I will be directing all my gecko questions to you guys then! :) I'm doing a bunch of research now. I'm trying to stay away from the genetics since they are way too confusing. I just hope I can get mine to be fat and hopefully let them breed soon. I'm using a UTH, no heat lamp.

One thing I'm concerned about is the light dark cycle I should be giving them. Is it necessary? It's easy to set the timer to turn on the light when the sun rises or even just rely on the light from the window but it's difficult to maintain darkness after the sun sets. Right now I have them in my fish room with the fish/shrimp light cycle so it is completely messed up for the geckos. Will they be fine?

• 2 weeks later...

Your geckos will adapt just fine to what ever light cycle you have if you interact with them enough they won't even be nocturnal anymore. I spent $700 dollars at my first reptile show in Daytona it's the world's biggest I go every year. I love the genetics of leopard geckos I had a super snow with no pigment at the tip of her tail that I was trying to replicate. Sadly my job took to much time away from my reptiles so I had to sell off my whole breeding project but I used that money to buy my shrimp and fish tanks. If you want nice fat tails with muscular bodies it's all about gut loading your crickets. I can give you my own gut load recipe or you can buy some nice gut loads at your reptile shows. LA is just about as good as Florida's reptile shows I hear. you also have lll reptiles and that's a great store to buy anything I ship most of my suplies from them Great prices very nice quality reptiles. Also they work with breaders all over the world. I'll be sending some dart frogs their way this year.