How to feed?

If your shrimp aren't eating they might not be hungry. Depending on tank size, tank age, and number of shrimp, there may be enough biofilm in the tank that they're just not interested in prepared foods right now. Keep feeding occasionally and they should come around to it. Also try different foods, fresh vegetables, etc. I know some shrimp can be picky eaters (Bryce!)

they eat it but the snails eat it faster.

Poopians what size tank do you have, how many shrimp versus snails are in this particular aquarium? What food are you feeding your shrimp? These are some simple questions we need to know to help remedy your problem.

Also try different foods, fresh vegetables, etc. I know some shrimp can be picky eaters (Bryce!)

Absolutely true. I don't know if it is my water or what, but my shrimp are very picky eaters here, and have no problem in other tanks when I send them off. Explain that one?

That's one reason I'm a firm believer in what works for one person may not work for another. While my shrimp may go crazy over something, someone else's may not even touch it. Go figure.

...unless of course it is my Malawa. They'll eat just about anything...ravishly!

Feeding behavour changes greatly depending on the population. With 300+ shrimps in a 10 G they'd eat anything. I have tanks like that and even frogbit root won't grow more than an inch.

Like this one ;-) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8X7l-jCH3E (I said 300, but I'm sure there were way more than that)

Put the food in a dish, near the surface for easy removal. Feed, remove the snails, and repeat until snail population is under control. I wouldn't worry too much about snails myself, shrimps will eat if they are healthy and hungry and feel safe to do so.

how would I put a food dish near the surface?

Doesn't have to be if you can't find a way. It is just that when you remove it from the tank, stuff inside doesn't fly off everywhere, including the snails running for their lives.

Feeding behavour changes greatly depending on the population. With 300+ shrimps in a 10 G they'd eat anything. I have tanks like that and even frogbit root won't grow more than an inch.

Like this one ;-)

(I said 300, but I'm sure there were way more than that)
This is very true. I recently moved my Red Wine/Ruby Red into their own dedicated tank and I have about 6 and they've seem to have done a complete 180. They used to roam and feed and be adventurous inside the 60P along with other Taiwan Bee, but in this new tank they're more into hiding. Their feeding patterns completely changed. There's definitely a correlation between feeding behavior and stock population.

Keep in mind the new tank has been aged for 6months. Exact parameters as all my other tanks. ADA AS, RODI remineralized and aged prior to weekly waterchange. Exactly the same.

Luckily, I'm getting more Red Wine/Ruby Red from a buddy to make them more comfortable.

how would I put a food dish near the surface?

You could try a feeding net. I'm very new to using one myself. However, my neos seem to have found the snowflake food fine today, and I haven't seen the ramshorn or pond snails go in or on it all day.

I find my shrimp, no matter what the variety is, they just don't eat very much of what I put in.

However, they love, love, love, mulberry leafs. They eat it to the skelaton

every time

I put one in. They used to love blanched zuccinni, a small slice, but they don't even

Go for that much now. I have tried all kinds of high quality, highly recommend

Food, but they just don't seem interested very much, except mulberry leafs.