uuaaayyy

We don't really know if what we are getting is a polygenic trait, incomplete dominance, epigenetics or something else, aren't we?

Someone mentioned paying attention to co-dominance here, started reading and there is a lot more:

• polygenic traits are more common than Mendel used
  • co-dominance (spots or both colors for color)
  • incomplete dominance (diluted for color)
  • diluted color gene was mentioned too, as a different instance
  • forgot the word, when changes are made not in the gene but in affected by it proteins production that affects phenotype
  • I guess there is much, much more, and add epigenetics on the pot of this, when changes in phenotype are affected by conditions of the ancestors.

And we really don't know genetic passport of the particular shrimp group, bought in LFS.

Is there any practical application of all of this to the breeding shrimp? All of them, will be they neos, Taiwn bees, crystals or tigers.

Or only parts of it, from own experience, are known? Can you post what you found for the shrimp you are breeding, I am trying to figure out what could be done (at small hobbyist level) with neos and Taiwan bees, and saw explaining articles  only for fancy tigers.

I would think that all or most of the fresh water shrimp have the same genetic guidelines when breeding? 

Easy example : Like which gender is dominant in filial offspring. So even F2s which would be Basically the best mixture of genes from both parents, would still technically have more traits from the dominant parent.

I also bring this example up because I haven’t seen any NEo or dwarf breeding projects where someone made sure to pick the dominant gender to breed with.  

Which is also why I wanted to do some projects with colored fresh water shrimp, Neos or Cardinals. Since I’ve only tried with the common Ghost Shrimp, and it’s a lot harder to visually see traits compared to using colored shrimp. 

So, polygenic traits are more common. Neocaridinia are almost definitely polygenic

CBS/CRS color doesnt seem to be polygenic. When you mix black/red shrimp, some will be black and some will be red. It seems to follow a single gene.

I'm a little confused on tiger shrimp vs bee shrimp. Bee and tiger shrimp are the same species. Tiger shrimp are traditionally black, but they seem to use a different gene for black coloration. Because if you breed a black tiger with a red bee shrimp, you get crazy patterns. None of the offspring are red tigers.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk