GreenBliss Journal

GreenBliss

New Plan as of (02-17-14)

Future Ideas with Tanks: Have only 10 tanks!

Tanks on 1960's Stereo:
18g - Neo/Malawa culls
7.5g - Selective Breeding/Mysteries
2g - Snails

Tank near Stereo:
3.2g - Being Replaced with 7g or 8.6g, Shrimp/Selective Breeding, unknown

Tanks on Right Side of Wall:
11.4g - For Pumpkin Neos & Malawa Brown (new home)
11.4g - For Yellow Neos & Malawa Blue (new home)

11.4g - For Red Cherries & Malawa Clear (new home)

Tanks on Left Side of Wall:
11.4g - For Snowball Neos & Malawa
11.4g - For Blue Neo (no idea which Neo)

17g or 11.4g - For Unknown Shrimp/Culls, don't know

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guess I'll do a journal instead of blog since more people may view this and post.

Current Tanks (12-21-13):

18g - Red Cherry Neos and Malawa

7.5g - Yellow Neos

3.2g - Pumpkin Neos

Future Racks w/ Tanks:

Rack 1:

11.4g - For Pumpkin Neos (new home)

11.4g - For fish and Mystery snails (new home)

8.6g - unknown shrimp

Rack 2:

11.4g - For Red Cherry Neos (new home)

11.4g - For Malawa (new home)

8.6g - unknown shrimp

In the future, the 18g will become a cull tank for the Neos after restart. Thinking of doing some selective breeding using breeder boxes on this tank. Neos and Malawas. Don't know yet. The 7.5g will stay the same. The 3.2g may stay or be closed. If I keep it running, may be used for snails or selective breeding after restart of tank.

The Mysteries will be moving out of the shrimp tanks and going into a new tank that will be for fish. They are doing badly with the shrimp and I think they will be better off. Don't know what fish yet, but will have to be nice to the Mysteries.

8.6g tanks are for future shrimp. Don't know right now if it's for Neos/Malawa/Tigers/etc.

Got myself a new camera that takes far better photos and videos than my cellphone. Will be posting lots of photos and maybe videos of my tanks and shrimp.

Edited by GreenBliss

oOooooooo....pretty...

Especially like pic #5.

Took a bunch of pics of our new shrimp, just waiting for a free moment to post.

We have been checking out cameras.

What kind of camera did you use for these?

I used a Canon PowerShot SX260 HS. My first camera I ever own. Heard great things about it.

It takes awhile to get good shots since shrimp are usually moving about. Battery life lasts me two hours. I'm still trying to work on getting better photos and keep myself out of the shots.

I do love this camera and would purchase it again.

I always encourage selective breeding.  We need people to better strains. :)

I think I will do some selective breeding with the Malawas and some of my Cherries. The guy I got my Cherries from said they may have Chocolate blood in them and I think they do. I see some Cherries that have a darker red and one looks like burgundy. I have a photo of her and video, Post it later.

What a lovely red you have in your shrimp. I didn't opt for cherries... but now I can appreciate a nice red. When I have more tanks I'll have to add some. Yours are very nice. :D

The guy I got the Cherries from said these were his culls. I couldn't believe it when I saw them for the first time.

I didn't want Cherries at all, but after much reading and thinking about it, I thought I should try them first. I'm glad I did. They are very beautiful and some have different shades of red.

My Yellow Neos

2612bnm.jpg

2s6rjg6.jpg

23qykiq.jpg

11tsphk.jpg

eks511.jpg

2qxb6vo.jpg

^^ The shrimp made a mess of the food for the Mysteries. Big lady is my fave and is the biggest shrimp I have. The one shrimp on that right has some orange on his head.

md1amt.jpg

syntwh.jpg

^^ Orange color on head.

20r21yw.jpg

^^ She's huge

Beautiful tanks and shrimp. Your gravel looks very, very clean. Mine never does.

If anybody is interested in cameras, I'm a photographer and love Nikon lenses. Between Nikon, Canon and others, bodies are roughly the same prices with similar features. 

Nikon leads in lenses which produce beautiful pics.

I picked up a D5200 in August and have already taken some award winning shots with it. 

Beautiful tanks and shrimp. Your gravel looks very, very clean. Mine never does.

If anybody is interested in cameras, I'm a photographer and love Nikon lenses. Between Nikon, Canon and others, bodies are roughly the same prices with similar features. 

Nikon leads in lenses which produce beautiful pics.

I picked up a D5200 in August and have already taken some award winning shots with it. 

Once I redo the 18g and 3g, they will look better. They are very messy right now.

Thanks for the camera info.

I decided I am doing selective breeding with my Malawas. Colors I see right now in the group - Chocolate, Blue, Gray, Red, Stripes, Crystal.  Hard to see them all in the 18g. Doing a lot of thinking and reading about this.

May add different colors with Neos or Malawa only tanks. But limited on tanks I can have so sharing tanks would give me more space. May add 4g tanks to the racks I am doing. Still thinking.

I think that would be great.  No one has attempted a Malawa color strain yet, and I see all kinds of possibilities.

I focused on chocolate awhile back and now I have mostly brown, but other colors still come out because I let other projects come first and dropped that one.

I'm told the females have a brown saddle.  I've never been able to distinguish males and fems with much success, however if you can figure it out- feel free to teach me!

• 3 weeks later...

So I got a new plan for this year. Once my sister and brother-in-law move out, I'm making my bedroom into the shrimp room. Wont be for awhile, but I am saving up and making a list. Only keeping 9 tanks. Plans could change, but right now I like this one.

Future Ideas with Tanks:

Tanks on 1960's Stereo:
18g - Neo/Malawa culls
7.5g - Betta fish
2g - Snails

Tanks on Right Side of Wall:
11.4g - For Pumpkin Neos & Malawa (new home)
11.4g - For Yellow Neos & Malawa (new home)

Tanks on Left Side of Wall:
11.4g - For Red Cherry Neos & Malawa (new home)
11.4g - For Snowball Neos & Malawa
11.4g - For Blue Neo (no idea which Neo)

Living Room:
17.1g - Fish w/ the Mystery Snails

In red, I don't have yet.

Decided to stick with Neos and Malawas. Always wanted Snowballs and love Blue Neos. Wanted my shrimp in bigger tanks because of more room and more stable. 11.4g aren't too big and when I need to move in the future to a new house, wont be hard for me and my mother to move on our own.

18g will be for Neo and Malawas culls. Mix of colors.

Haven't had fish since I was young, but always wanted a Betta and mutiple fish in a tank. I'll read everything I can on this.

Malawas will be with different Neos, but sorted out in colors for selective breeding. Brown Malawa with Pumpkins. Blue Malawa with Yellows. Etc.

Tanks will be on Gorilla racks (work table?) or aquarium stands.

Taking down the 3.2g, maybe.

Moving the Mysteries with the fish. Can't wait and hope they do better with them.

Already have one 11.4g for the Pumpkins. Have a 2g AquaTop coming tomorrow for my snails that have been living in various containers. I decided they would be better off in a filtered tank.

Can't buy anything else this month because of two of my cats got sick all of a sudden and needed to go to vet.

What are the dimentions of your 11.4g tanks?  You seem to have lots of tanks of odd sizes :).

Those are some nice looking cherries!

What are the dimentions of your 11.4g tanks?  You seem to have lots of tanks of odd sizes :).

Those are some nice looking cherries!

11.4g is Mr. Aqua. It's 18.9 x 11.8 x 11.8 Inches. You're right. I do have oddball size tanks. Didn't realize that until now, LOL.

I can't buy tanks locally so I buy them online.

You seem to have a ton of tanks and great plans for selective breeding.  You may be surprised how much time and effort it takes for selective breeding though. ;)

More power to ya!

I decided to keep the 3.2g running and redo the tank for CPO in future. Keeping 10 tanks is not too bad and I don't think it will take a lot of my time/money (after setup). Don't you have over 30 tanks? I couldn't do that. :)

If selective breeding takes too much time, I wont do it. Because I take care of multiple cats (strays/inside) and they take a lot from me. They are number one in my life.

Also hoping by moving the Yellow Neos to a larger tank, they will breed someday. No breeding and no saddles. Got males wanting too, but the big female says no. The second batch of Yellows are not old enough.

I have 9 or 10 Yellows. I may add more in the future once in the 11.4g.