Hello from Colombia

juancho

Hi guys,

I've found this forum and for some reason decided to join in......perhaps the name and the logo did the trick :huh:

My name is juan I live in Colombia where I try to live my passion for shrimps....and believe it's not easy. Everything has got to be invented , home made or shipped from abroad... ;) Currently I have a planted 75 gal tank with RCS, and a few fish, a planted 45 gal with snowballs and 2 10 gal with yellow and rili shrimps. I started with the RCS about 2 years ago and successfully breeding them.

My last endeavor is with rili, snowball and yellow, all neocaridina which I've got from the US about 2 weeks ago and they're doing fine  :) . I am also waiting for a delivery from Poland of red bee, black bee, blue tiger, blue rili and blue velvet.

The only shrimp you find here is RCS and it is very hard to find people that will ship to Colombia..... :( But I hope I can help in bringing the dwarf shrimps in the homes of Colombia :D There's always a crazy guy at the start of something new.....that's what my wife says..but not in a good way :lol:

Happy new year to all,

Juan

Welcome Juan. I hope you are successful in helping to grow this hobby in Columbia :)

Wonderful!  Congrats on abeing a pioneer!

Unfortunately for people in America, we have all kinds of laws shipping aquatic pets and plants internationally.  Both sending and receiving.  The reason you find it hard to find people willing to do that here in the US is because we risk fines and jail timeif we attempt it without proper paperwork. :(

I really wish it was much easier for us to ship internationally. *sigh*

Anyway, welcome aboard!

• 3 weeks later...

Welcome juancho!

Oh, International shipping can get easier, with transhippers and all, just end up paying an arm and a leg and risk DOAs with guarantees, but not on the outrageous shipping costs.

I wish it would be more affordable, but things never seem to get cheaper when dealing with the Post.

At least we can all enjoy viewing each others photos and exchanging info-that's still pretty much free  :)

-Stef*

• 1 month later...

Thank you Stef , That is a good way to see things................. I don't mind paying ..............in the world we live in all is about money....and my drug are shrimps hahahhhah so if any of you guys are ready to ship to Colombia .....tell me no DOAs guarantee understood ...I will take all the risk,................I have no choice,,,,,let me know of course your price will be mine....cheers