CRS deaths

I noticed the other day a dead CRS in my 2g CRS, cherry fluval spec. Today I spotted another. I can't figure out why.

Gh 6

Kh 2-3

ph test is MIA at the moment, I'll update if I find it.

TDS is 185

I know the kh is a bit high, I was working on switching the tank from tap to ro though. The kh was previously around 5 or 6 I think and over the past month I've lowered it to where it is now. I was using fluval shrimp minerals, however I just got my Salty Shrimp gh+ in today and was planning on switching over to that with this weeks water change. 

The only thing I can think of is I let the evap get a little out of control recently without topping off. Or age, but I don't know the lifespan of CRS really, and a few of the CRS in the tank I purchased locally as adults. 

Also, oddly I'm finding other CRS in the tank berried. 

I assume that by "letting the evap get out of control" you mean that a lot of water evaporated out of the tank. This would concentrate everything in the water, including tds, kh, and gh. Could it be possible that this evap plus the rapid swing in parameters once fresh water was added could be the culprit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It wasn't dripped. Just added in two parts about an hour apart from eachother. I should probably drip next time I guess.

I wonder if I should drip the water changes as I'm switching to Salty Shrimp Gh+ to avoid another stressing swing like this. 

Evaporation does not change the parameters or would only do it very minimally I think . It sounds like age if they were adults when you got them . Another thing about Crs is that they do not travel or adjust well to changes as adults . If I get Crs I like them to be no larger than 1/4 to 1/2 " Any larger and there can be problems . Neocardina are not nearly as problematic in my experience even hatching their broods in shipping . But if they are handled a lot or stressed in shipping it is usually the larger shrimp in any given batch that will have problems .