What is your feeding regiment?

Bananariot

It's been awhile, I feel reinvigorated in the hobby!

While I've been away snowflake has become the rage and from what I see it's pretty promising.

So I'm wondering what's people's feeding regiment on a weekly basis!  What I feed changes from day to day.  However, I've never gotten my shrimp to swarm like many people have been able to do.

1. Barley pellets- 1-2x a week.  Never noticed my shrimp eating this before back in college....but now they do.  Weird same exact food too lol.....maybe it's the aging hahahahah

2. Brine shrimp- 1x a week.  It's some residual stuff from what I feed my bettas

3. Tropical flake food- 2x a week- just a tiny mashed up teeny tiny amount.  I'm trying to pump my juvies up a little bit with protein to get them bigger.

4. Ken's veggie sticks- 3x a week.  The staple food.

5. Boiled then frozen spinach- just tried it today with my CRS.......ignored.  /sigh a whole bag that I just made lol.....

6. Shirakura Baby Food- 1 shake.  Whenever I feel like it.

I keep this schedule loosely.  I kinda just feed whenever I feel like it and if I don't see food on the ground.  

What's your regiment?

I just started Cologne Shrimp Food a couple weeks ago and have switched my regimen recently. This is a generalized idea of what I do, I am cycling out the old regimen to replace with majority CSF foods.

New Regimen

Monday- CSF Bee Fruit 

Tuesday- CSF Mulberry + Color

Wednesday- CSF Nettle +

Thursday- CSF Bee Mix

Friday- Either EBITA Breed Quatro II/Hinomaru Bento

Saturday- Either BorneoWild Color/Grow

Sunday- Either EBITA Spinach Tab/Glas Garten Shrimp Dinner

Old Regimen

Monday- Quatro II

Tuesday- Hinomaru Bento

Wednesday- Spinach Tab

Thursday- Shrimp Dinner

Friday Color/Grow

Repeat

Mayeb it's just the way you guys are writing it, but it looks as if you guys feed very often.  I only feed 3 days a week.

I feed a small portion daily.

for my biggest colony, about 300+ CRS in it.

I have lots of shrimp in it, so the tank is pretty clean, not much algae can be seen.

I feed daily about 0.5g of shrimp food, I fed Azoo Max Growth before, now switch to Glasgarten Dinner.

I feed weekly with mulberry leaves. one leaf.

now I'm trying the Glasgarten Bacter AE daily about 1/3 measure spoon from the bottle.

It's been awhile, I feel reinvigorated in the hobby!

While I've been away snowflake has become the rage and from what I see it's pretty promising.

So I'm wondering what's people's feeding regiment on a weekly basis!  What I feed changes from day to day.  However, I've never gotten my shrimp to swarm like many people have been able to do.

1. Barley pellets- 1-2x a week.  Never noticed my shrimp eating this before back in college....but now they do.  Weird same exact food too lol.....maybe it's the aging hahahahah

2. Brine shrimp- 1x a week.  It's some residual stuff from what I feed my bettas

3. Tropical flake food- 2x a week- just a tiny mashed up teeny tiny amount.  I'm trying to pump my juvies up a little bit with protein to get them bigger.

4. Ken's veggie sticks- 3x a week.  The staple food.

5. Boiled then frozen spinach- just tried it today with my CRS.......ignored.  /sigh a whole bag that I just made lol.....

6. Shirakura Baby Food- 1 shake.  Whenever I feel like it.

I keep this schedule loosely.  I kinda just feed whenever I feel like it and if I don't see food on the ground.  

What's your regiment?

I don't like the #3 item, for regular fish food, most of it contains copper. which I would avoid it totally.

I don't like the #3 item, for regular fish food, most of it contains copper. which I would avoid it totally.

well remote amounts of copper is necessary, just not in excess for invertebrates.  And that 2x a week is probably an incorrect amount lol....its like getting rid of the excess crumbs i have on my finger after giving stuff to my fish tank once a week lol sorry.

I don't think I'm over feeding my CRS.

for a big mulberry leaf, it cleans it up overnight, only few big veins left. and in the following days, it would disappear totally.

well remote amounts of copper is necessary, just not in excess for invertebrates

that's correct, shrimp need trace of copper (for its blood), but you never know how much it is in regular fish food.

if the shrimp food contains copper, I'm fine with it. I know it just trace amount.

Mosey on over to the Care, Breeding, Feeding section and you'll find a whole lotta recommendations on food. Here's one...

ETA, oops, I lied that wasn't the thread I was looking for. I'll try again and link it when I find it.

ETA2 - nevermind, just check out the multiple good threads in that sections, or start a new one about staple foods and get people to chime in!

No regiment or staple per se, but I do find myself tossing in a pellet of snowflake or barley more often than not. Maybe those are the closest thing to staples that I have and use.

For my PRL tank, I'll toss in the SL-Aqua White once a week, if I remember. Again, no strict regime to abide or follow.

Rest of the tanks, I toss in a sinewy cereal weekly as a mineral and substrate food moreso than regular shrimp food. Some will pick at it but that's not what the food was designed for. Uneaten parts are left inside to decay (I'm a hippie and believe in feeding the decomposers inside my tank and not just my shrimps). The cereal is very light weight and floats for a while before sinking. It's packed with minerals and lacks those tasty proteins and goodies shrimps seek. Not surprisingly many of my spoiled shrimps will ignore this. Then I swap between amazing broccoli and vibrant salad (sometimes I'll just toss these in at the same time as my snowflake/barley). I've never had issues with overfeeding these products and always find it gone by morning. My smaller 8g Red Wine tank consume the foods at a slower pace so on occasion I'll remove the uneaten foods.

FYI: Sinewy Cereal, Amazing Broccoli, and Vibrant Salad are all custom homemade foods a buddy developed for personal use. It's not commercialize so I'm clarifying for people whose confused on the new names.

Also note: You should be well aware of the capacity of your own tanks. I have a feel for how much my shrimps can consume and the lengths of time inbetween feeding so I feed more or less depending to my population's needs.

So I'm deciding to add a new staple food.  I see glasgarten is a popular choice

I'm not exactly the richest sap, and seeing how my shrimp hate my freshly blanched spinach.....

what do you guys recommend?

Looking for 

Brand/Size/How long it lasts you.

Banana check out Cologne Shrimp Food. Organic 100% Natural. My shrimp absolutely love it.