Bay Area earthquake

Subtletanks91

Any one here affected by this. My fiancé woke me up and asked if I was ok she sais she felt the bed moving down like. Hill.

Funny thing is I slept through it. And the actual earthquake was napa, which is about 2 hours from where I live. Lol but they said it was a 6.1 which is the biggest since the loam priata.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/08/24/usgs-60-magnitude-earthquake-shakes-northern-california/

I'm in citrus heights and it didn't wake me up, but i am a very heavy sleeper haha. If anyone here is in the napa area please let me know if you need anything, will do my best to help.

I felt it. Didn't here any tanks crashing. Went back to bed. My family and the dog slept right through it. I know they said 6.1 but it felt more like 4.0.

Here's what happened to me on October 17, 1989.

I was living in San Francisco and thought it would be a great day to go buy a snake from the East Bay Viverium in Oakland. I was planning on buying a black rat snake to add to my collection. So, I headed to the east bay with my friend. I just exited the Cypress off ramp (lower deck) and made a right turn and parked. The EBV is surrounded by old, tall brick buildings. We weren't in the store for more than a minute when the whole place started shaking violently. The cages were falling to ground smashing into pieces. Glass was everywhere. We bolted outside the store to see a huge choking grey dust cloud and heard what sounded like the loudest thunder crash you ever heard. I remember ducking on the ground with my hands over my head waiting for something to fall around me. For just a second after the thunder there was an eirie silence. You could here a pin drop. Then came the screams, fire and smoke. It took me a minute to realize what had just happened. Someone started screaming "the upper deck just collapsed". My buddy Simon and I helped a lot of people who were stranded on the upper deck that day and ended up giving a bunch of people rides home.  I hope nobody ever has to experience anything like that ever! I was 20 years old when that happened and it still haunts me to this day.

I felt it. Didn't here any tanks crashing. Went back to bed. My family and the dog slept right through it. I know they said 6.1 but it felt more like 4.0.

Here's what happened to me on October 17, 1989.

I was living in San Francisco and thought it would be a great day to go buy a snake from the East Bay Viverium in Oakland. I was planning on buying a black rat snake to add to my collection. So, I headed to the east bay with my friend. I just exited the Cypress off ramp (lower deck) and made a right turn and parked. The EBV is surrounded by old, tall brick buildings. We weren't in the store for more than a minute when the whole place started shaking violently. The cages were falling to ground smashing into pieces. Glass was everywhere. We bolted outside the store to see a huge choking grey dust cloud and heard what sounded like the loudest thunder crash you ever heard. I remember ducking on the ground with my hands over my head waiting for something to fall around me. For just a second after the thunder there was an eirie silence. You could here a pin drop. Then came the screams, fire and smoke. It took me a minute to realize what had just happened. Someone started screaming "the upper deck just collapsed". My buddy Simon and I helped a lot of people who were stranded on the upper deck that day and ended up giving a bunch of people rides home. I hope nobody ever has to experience anything like that ever! I was 20 years old when that happened and it still haunts me to this day.

Wow.. And what happened to the snakes? Lol.

Wow.. And what happened to the snakes? Lol.

Hehe! That day I forgot all about the snake. I eventually did get one.