Giving the Bio Digest a try

I picked up some Bio Digest Vials from Han, and am giving them a try in my 12 gallon Mr. Aqua - TB tank.

I used the bottom end cap of a pen where the pen comes out side, to snap off the end caps of the vial, let it flow out in the outflow of the filter so it would get around the whole tank, and left the vial in the tank for the new borns to pick at.

I will use it for at least a year, and see how the results are with the Bio Digest, that is also good for your fish tank too, especially if it is a newly cycled tank. (New tanks for fish or shrimp.)

Also giving Bacteria AE a try too, and see if they like it.

So the thing I noticed about bio gest. And I've been using it since the beginning of the year. It works well when starting and cycling a tank with ammazonia. Coupled with some other stuff I use. But after that the monthly doses don't seem to do much. Once a colony of bacteria is started, all it takes is waste to keep the population stable. Adding more does nothing. I still use it monthly.

my method for cycling a tank with amazonia is kou yin base layer. Then substrate then another layer. A few piece of bio media from established tank. Seachem stability. Some more kou yin in the water column. And one vial of bio gest for two weeks then another. It had two of my tanks cycled in three weeks.

Anytime guys. There's no doubt it gives a boost. One claim they make though. When I was reading the description on marine depot it amazon I think was that it prevents filamantous algae from growing. That for fact I know isn't true. Lol everything else it does wonderfully

Anytime guys. There's no doubt it gives a boost. One claim they make though. When I was reading the description on marine depot it amazon I think was that it prevents filamantous algae from growing. That for fact I know isn't true. Lol everything else it does wonderfully

Lol, I am sorry. Very little will prevent algae from growing! I would honestly be surprised if this stuff did.

I'm sure it does in only certain conditions and situation.

But you know like a rare chance.

I think they say that because a balance tanks is a happy tank.