Tiger shrimp problems!

Hi all, this is my first post any advice would be appreciated.

I'm currently having issues keeping Tiger shrimp, in a shrimp only 35ltr planted tank. I purchased the shimp a couple of days ago, returned home from work to find 3 dead!!!

Water parameters seem fine;

Ammonia 0

Nitrite 0

Nitrate 0 (according to test kit)

Gh 5.5

Kh 2.5

Tds 178 ppm

Ph 6.8 ( approx)

This is not the first time I've had this issue whilst attempting to keep these little critters!!! Any recommendations would be great. Thanks

I don't think I'm seeing anything wrong here. How did you increase the water volume by 3x in the bucket? By drip acclimation? Sometimes shrimps are just so stressed before they get settled to your tank, and some will die off in the first few days, or even the first month, for no apparent reason. Some shrimps survive and die when it's time to molt because they don't have the energy/health to do so. That's from what I've observed. Just keep observing them for now. How many days has it been since they have been acclimated? Have you done anything to the tank?

It was by drip yes, the remaining shrimp are out and about and look absolutely fine, coloured up nicely. There's a few skins lying around at the moment and from what I've experienced in the past this usually happens when moved to a new tank. The tank they are in has not been messed with so fingers crossed these will settle down. Thanks for your advice/help it's much appreciated. I'll keep you posted if you're interested

from my keeping tigers ( common, super, oebt, and red) i think they like a bit higher ph. some people say they wont do well unless in crystal red parameters. i never had breeding unless they were in a ph of 7 and in neo parameters. and mine seemed happy healthy and breed well for me

also i found tigers like a bit more protein than all the other shrimp i have had. they would eat all the snails in the tank if i didnt feed more protein. spirulina is a great veggie protein, or i use hikari crab cuisine as well and they like it alot

Thanks for all the responses, I originally aimed for something similar to CR parameters. I'm using SS Gh+ to keep the TDS around 180ppm as I was under the impression that this was suitable (80-200 from what I've read), although there are many conflicting opinions and what seems to work for 1 person doesn't necessarily work for the other! I'm down to 3 remaining now and seriously considering going back to Bumble Bees which I've had success with in the past, but fancied trying something a bit different........ starting to wish I never bothered now!

Like wicca32 I too have had much better results in neo params then most people with ro and remineralization. So in my experience they do very well in higher ph, kh, and tds. My experience has been regular tigers, oebt, and btoe. :)