HMF Question on sound?

Doc4PC2

Hi,

I have a HMF Filter on the left side of my tank. See my Mr. Aqua journal in my gallery.

But, that is only thing that makes bubble noise in the tank. If it wasn't for the HMF, you

wouldn't even know the tank was there, sound wise.

Does anyone know of a way to not get the bubble noise so much from my HMF?  It is

the same as the sponge filters, same parts, same depth, and they don't make any bubble

noise at all. The flow is the same as my dual sponge filters and like I said, they don't

make any noise, so it's strange that the HMF with the same parts as the dual sponge

filters makes so much bubble noise?

It really doesn't bother me at all, but like I said, the tank is so quiet, if it wasn't for the

HMF, you wouldn't even know it was there.

12 gallon Mr Aqua

Is there a valve that fits those, chibikaie?  Is the valve called something special, or are you talking about

like the same one that is on the top of the sponge filter?

oh, okay, got ya. Thanks

You can also use an airstone if you want.  Smaller bubbles will make less noise.  I found airstones didn't hold up well and in the end removed them from mine but if you are just running one tank it may be worth it.