Completely Off Topic but...

mosspearl

My white clouds had babies! I know this has nothing to do with inverts, but I just discovered the fry and I'm excited! :) I've had the white cloud mountain minnows since summer. The females were bursting with eggs, but never laid them. Suddenly, there are all these itty bitty fry swimming in my Evolve8. :) Too fun! :lol:

post-3-0-57808600-1392526518_thumb.jpg

post-3-0-90231800-1392526531_thumb.jpg

post-3-0-47629600-1392526546_thumb.jpg

Sweet!  Do you have other fish in the tank?  I just separated my Celestial Pearl Danios into a 10gal tank and am going to take a shot at breeding them.

The celestrial pearls will eat any and all eggs and new fry.  Some people move them over to breed for a couple days and thens seperate the males and fems into another tank again.

I'm experimenting with having an entire bottom covered in moss with the CPO in constantly.  So far, 2 fry made it- but I wasn't even trying at that point.  I'd attach a photo, but I've already derailed this thread enough.  Sorry Mosspearl.

No problem, Soothing. :)

I had my last male guppy in with them, but I moved him to the 10g so he wouldn't eat them. The white clouds are apparently easy to breed if the conditions are right. They lay eggs and they don't eat the fry. Yay, white clouds! They seem to like the overgrown plants and layers of pennywort. I have no idea where they laid the eggs... I can't see in there with all the plants, but the babies like to hang out on top in plain sight. So far I've been able to count 16.

I'm worried now, though, because I have a new shelf to put by the window (where their tank is) and in order to move the tank, I'm going to have to partially empty it. I don't want to suck up any babies in the siphon or shock them when I refill. :P I just know they laid eggs because they somehow knew I'd gotten a new shelf so I could fit more tanks in here. It's a conspiracy. LOL

that is a sweet clutch of eggs!  I don't think I have seen those before