Mystery snail babies!

Allicat

I have been keeping and breeding mystery snails for about 2 years now. I keep many colors: yellow, ivory, blue, magenta, dark purple, and brown. I am excited because my first batch of dark purples hatched today! :) here is a pic of one of my adults, the babies are too small for my phone camera.post-295-141109612443_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

When I was breeding them I floated the clutch in my tank on a piece of styrofoam covered with paper towel. The paper towel touches the water and wicks it up to keep the clutch moist. And when they hatch they just crawl into the tank. As low ng as there is a lid to keep the humidity and temp up it should work.

I can't remember where I found these recommendations. Maybe apple snail.net? But it worked great!

Sorry it took me so long to reply, yes I do have the purple snails with the light bodies, I call them magenta snails. They have just reached breeding age though and have not had a clutch yet. I keep mine at pH 7.8. I add calcium to the water and feed blanched spinach and those vacation feeders. I do the omega one ones because they have a lot if calcium. For the clutches: I used to take them out and put them in another container and hatch them, now I leave them where they were placed and just let them hatch naturally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk